How much does it cost to build a pole barn and what kind is best..

/ How much does it cost to build a pole barn and what kind is best.. #12  
I would suggest going into the "rural living" or "do it yourself" threads and look at the projects going on there. Obviously the pitch of your roof will depend on where you live and the snow load if any.
I have built 4 pole buildings over the years. The plans are in my head. Do you have the skill to build it yourself or are you hiring it out? Doing it yourself will save you a lot of money.
As to your question; A pole barn is the least expensive way to go. I think long term metal roof/siding is best although wood gives the look of a "real" barn. And building it yourself gives a certain sense of accomplishment you cannot get from hiring it out. Cost depends on where you live and material availability. I used mostly rough cut lumber right from the sawmill. Posts also right from the sawmill.
Here are the last two I built.
Good luck and make sure to post pictures of your build.
20170429_105738_Original.jpg
IMG_1154.JPG

/ How much does it cost to build a pole barn and what kind is best..
   / How much does it cost to build a pole barn and what kind is best.. #14  
That's big money down here and a crane to place them. How would you do it....?
For the size of truss you're talking about you could rent a lift of any type that would get to the height you need.

/ How much does it cost to build a pole barn and what kind is best.. #15  
That's big money down here and a crane to place them. How would you do it....?

I didn't use them. I built what I knew I could handle easily by myself. Probably could have figured it out but for what I wanted there was not really a need.

For a 20' span you probably would not need a crane.

/ How much does it cost to build a pole barn and what kind is best.. #16  
We easily lifted 28’ span 4:12 trusses by hand with 3 people. 28x32, 12’ ceiling pole building, metal sided inside and out….12x11’ door…. No hired labour, in cdn $ you’d likely have a bile taste what it's costed so far…..

/ How much does it cost to build a pole barn and what kind is best.. #17  
Here is current materials only from Menards for a 24x40 with 3 enclosed sides

1647480894613.png

/ How much does it cost to build a pole barn and what kind is best.. #18  
Posts in the middle or not. I opted for posts. That saved the expense of trusses and less square footage for roofing materials. My posts are set in a 12'x12' grid, with a 1/12 pitch front to back. I have added some bracing and graveled under it since this was taken. There was some controversy on my framing job on here, so some will probably advise better ways to frame the roof than what you see here. This works well enough for me.

View attachment 737550
I don't know where the op is but the roof on your building looks like it might not be the best for areas that might get a snowstorm with a couple feet of snow

/ How much does it cost to build a pole barn and what kind is best.. #19  
Last edited: