How much per acre for land rent??

/ How much per acre for land rent?? #21  
Hay ground here rents for free to about $25/acre. Farmer adds all inputs. Some will mow, some won't.

All my hay ground is on the free rent plan. I add all inputs and now edges after cutting hay. Then if I don't need fall cutting then I mow off fields for the winter.

/ How much per acre for land rent??
Thanks for the info guys. He's giving me $90 and acre for 3 cuts maybe a 4th (depends on season) and is going to til and seed my (2) 1/2 acre food plots.

Pretty happy with that plus the runoff control!

Will post pics of the first field!

/ How much per acre for land rent?? #23  
Whatever the deal just remember that when organic matter content, soil fertility levels, and PH all get really low, it is absolutely no fun to bring them back. If you are far away from a lime source it could be crazy money, not to mention potash prices (although they seem to be under control again). I have seen people rent out the land for the taxes and a soil fertility plan...

/ How much per acre for land rent?? #24  
We rented our hay patch with the renter pays for everything for 1/2 the yield with 3 to 4 cutting a year, then we had to sell it. This works OK but I was all year getting my money. So nnow we have all our land in row crop for $165 per acre and the renter pays for every thing. Now we get our money up front.

/ How much per acre for land rent?? #25  
We rented our hay patch with the renter pays for everything for 1/2 the yield with 3 to 4 cutting a year, then we had to sell it. This works OK but I was all year getting my money. So nnow we have all our land in row crop for $165 per acre and the renter pays for every thing. Now we get our money up front.

That's great. But if you don't have a mechanism for monitoring soil fertility you may have a tenant effectively operating a strip mine.

Maybe that is of concern, maybe not.

/ How much per acre for land rent?? #26  
Per TX Jim's comment: $30/acre/month for person leasing hay ground where I live will put the one paying the lease in the POOR HOUSE as in bankrupt.

Amen brother. Last time I leased land for haying, it was either free (owner could keep his/her farm active and in AG tax deduction) or $14/acre/year. What they usually got in return was a well prepared field for whatever/whomever followed me, instead of the weed nest they asked me to assume. Most of the stuff was so bad that you have to bale it and get it off before you could start any kind of reasonable progress with a hay patch. Had I been faced with the numbers I'm seeing in here I wouldn't have walked away from it, I would have run as fast as I could.

/ How much per acre for land rent?? #27  
I use my neighbors 30 acre established Coastal field for free because he got weary of losing $$$$$$ after buying fertilizer & paying for baling. I have a difficult time making a profit on the hay with no land rent and I own my own haying equipment.. Of course the drought here the last few yrs has drastically lowered production of bales per acre.

/ How much per acre for land rent?? #28  
Another question with a million answers .

/ How much per acre for land rent?? #29  
I use my neighbors 30 acre established Coastal field for free because he got weary of losing $$$$$$ after buying fertilizer & paying for baling. I have a difficult time making a profit on the hay with no land rent and I own my own haying equipment.. Of course the drought here the last few yrs has drastically lowered production of bales per acre.
Haying here is about $25 per 4x5 bale and they aren't interested in renting land for haying since most land owners will let them cut the hay for free just to keep the pasture mowed. I never heard of anyone paying more than $30 per acre per year for pasture grazing and the rented has to fertilize/lime/ seed if they want to keep a long term rent.
The problem with renting pasture is that many times they wont fertilize or lime and just "strip mine" the land and move on and many wont even keep the weeds clipped. My neighbor lets my brother in law have about 30 acres of pasture land for free just to keep the pasture weeds mowed down. He will likely cut hay off next year but he will be into a double bush hogging prior to getting one cutting of hay due to the previous "hayer" not maintaining the land.

/ How much per acre for land rent?? #30  
WOW, that is a lot of rent for land in that area (Delhi, La.) or any other area for farming. Things have really changed since I lived there 45 years ago (7 miles west of Darnell) which is less than 20 miles from you I think. For the price of farm goods, I cant see a farmer doing anything but going bankrupt paying that kind of rent. Nearly half a century ago, renting for 1/4 was common with the land owner sharing the cost of fertilizer and rent was never more than $30 per acre but then cleared farm land was selling for $300 per acre and the largest row crop tractor (120HP) made was $10K. Soybeans sold for around $6.00 per bushel and cotton was $.30 per pound for highest grade. Now if my info is correct most tractors of that size or currently used are $100K+ in price and gathering machines also 10 to 20 times the price of 1970 but crop prices sure aren't 10 times the price. I cant see farmers continuing to be able to work the fields unless something changes in price structure. For decades they have made do by increasing yields but that gain has just about peaked with no where left to turn. Heck, what were we discussing before my rant ran away with me.