How much per acre for land rent??

/ How much per acre for land rent?? #31  
That's great. But if you don't have a mechanism for monitoring soil fertility you may have a tenant effectively operating a strip mine.

Maybe that is of concern, maybe not.

I will shamelessly steal the using of the term "strip mine" in this context. That is exactly the right term - brilliant!

/ How much per acre for land rent?? #32  
I'm blessed to live in a community where knowing the renter and trusting him is common. Hay ground is rented on the shares. Renter does all the work. Cuts it as much as he desires. Land owner gets half the hay. I've rented out hay ground this way since 1983. I've never remotely considered the renter as operating a strip mine. You guys need to try some communication and trust rather than focusing on the almighty dollar. :(

/ How much per acre for land rent?? #33  
I'm blessed to live in a community where knowing the renter and trusting him is common. Hay ground is rented on the shares. Renter does all the work. Cuts it as much as he desires. Land owner gets half the hay. I've rented out hay ground this way since 1983. I've never remotely considered the renter as operating a strip mine. You guys need to try some communication and trust rather than focusing on the almighty dollar. :(

If this is directed at me, I take exception.

Focusing on the long term fertility of the land is the responsibility (or should be) of the landowner. I raised the topic because the "almighty dollar" often manifests itself as the renter willing to pay the most. That can and does affect the amount of money put back into fertility and ph. Not in the landowner's interest.

/ How much per acre for land rent?? #34  
If this is directed at me, I take exception.

Focusing on the long term fertility of the land is the responsibility (or should be) of the landowner. I raised the topic because the "almighty dollar" often manifests itself as the renter willing to pay the most. That can and does affect the amount of money put back into fertility and ph. Not in the landowner's interest.

Not directed at anybody Rick. Just making a point.

I own 170 acres. I have two renters. I'd never consider a renter just because he is willing to pay the most. I rent to neighbors that I trust. Just last week I visited my renter that farms my AG land. He had mailed me the yearly rent check. I gave him back $125 because in my opinion he had overpaid me due to some field size changes. He respects me. I respect him. No worries.

/ How much per acre for land rent?? #35  
Not directed at anybody Rick. Just making a point.

I own 170 acres. I have two renters. I'd never consider a renter just because he is willing to pay the most. I rent to neighbors that I trust. Just last week I visited my renter that farms my AG land. He had mailed me the yearly rent check. I gave him back $125 because in my opinion he had overpaid me due to some field size changes. He respects me. I respect him. No worries.

That's fine, I get that. Part of the thread seemed to drift off in the direction of "how much can I get ($$) for leasing out my land?" I wanted to raise awareness that stewardship has value.

I think we are saying similar things in different ways.