How much tiller will 2310 handle?

/ How much tiller will 2310 handle? #41  
   / How much tiller will 2310 handle? #42  
I get that
A lot of people complain about FB market place but at least people who use it have a public profile, unlike CL where it can be a total crap shoot. The only thing on CL around here are dealers selling RV's and if you search for anything specific all you get is pages of RV's for sale.
I get that Here too. Not just RVs but all kinds of trailers, and storage sheds.

/ How much tiller will 2310 handle? #44  
Hi ALL,
I am thinking about buying a used tiller to hang off the 3ph. I will be using my YM2310. I don't have that much tilling to do so a narrow tiller would be OK. So, would a 4 foot wide tiller be too much for my little tractor? The ground I need to till is basically virgin ground so it is pretty hard. Ostensibly sandy loam but there is enough clay that it gets pretty hard. Once tilled, with some topsoil added, it will get easier of course.
Thanks,
Eric
I run a Frontier RT3049 on a JD 1025R with no issues. The 49" tiller covers my tire spread and the tractor has plenty of HP. I do put it on the back of my 3046R if I'm in clay or root area.

/ How much tiller will 2310 handle? #45  
These Yanmar tillers just showed up on FB Market.

Last edited:
   / How much tiller will 2310 handle?
These Yanmar tillers just showed up on FB Market.

Man, that's a good price. It's too bad the tillers are 3 road hours and 3 ferry hours away. Each way. Nevertheless I just committed to buying the last 5 footer he had. I'm going down either Friday or Saturday to get it.
I wouldn't have made the deal except that these are Yanmar tillers, made for Yanmar tractors. The ad says the drive shaft is included and I wouldn't have bought one if it wasn't. They look complete and I hope there are no special parts missing. But I think everything is there.
Thanks for the heads up.
Eric

/ How much tiller will 2310 handle? #47  
Man, that's a good price. It's too bad the tillers are 3 road hours and 3 ferry hours away. Each way. Nevertheless I just committed to buying the last 5 footer he had. I'm going down either Friday or Saturday to get it.
I wouldn't have made the deal except that these are Yanmar tillers, made for Yanmar tractors. The ad says the drive shaft is included and I wouldn't have bought one if it wasn't. They look complete and I hope there are no special parts missing. But I think everything is there.
Thanks for the heads up.
Eric
He has listed Yanmar Tillers several times so hopefully not a fly by night.

If your in my area stop in.

He has listed Yanmar Tillers several times so hopefully not a fly by night.

If your in my area stop in.
Well, I would stop by but you are at the other end of the state! I'm coming from north of Seattle. However, my brother lives in Jacksonville and my wife and I will be visiting him and his wife fairly soon. Maybe I can stop by then. My brother and I will be heading to Hilt for some cheap(er) booze than what we pay in WA so maybe we could stop by Brookings and see ya.
Tomorrow morning my son and I are heading to Portland to get the tiller and I am excited. Since its a Yanmar tiller it oughta fit perfectly. And the paint will match too. I can hardly wait to get to tilling. My old bone on bone wrist joints feel the same way.
Tbanks,
Eric

/ How much tiller will 2310 handle? #49  
Thanks for the heads up.
Eric

So awesome on the tiller. I'm envious with excitement for you. Wish I could find my machines tiller nearby like that. Even for 3 hours on the road!

HEY, while you are there, snap a few pixs of the tillers he has there. :) Sharing would help a few of us out in find tillers too.

So awesome on the tiller. I'm envious with excitement for you. Wish I could find my machines tiller nearby like that. Even for 3 hours on the road!

HEY, while you are there, snap a few pixs of the tillers he has there. :) Sharing would help a few of us out in find tillers too.
OK, I'll take pictures tomorrow. I'm sure the seller will appreciate the free advertisement.
Eric