How to clear Holly tree

/ How to clear Holly tree #41  
From why have read on the internet about Holly trees a Forester would be a good idea because said trees make fine expensive furniture and are in high demand with lumber businesses.

/ How to clear Holly tree
I have identified about 15-20 for now. It should clear up enough space for us to do what we need. Does anyone knows any foresters in sw WA?

/ How to clear Holly tree #43  
Took me less than 1/2hr to become reasonably proficient using an excavator: not a one-off, in which case that learning experience has paid out over many years now (several projects). Heck, even my dog picked it up pretty quickly:

Attachments

• KishaLookingForLostTreasure.jpg
    KishaLookingForLostTreasure.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 214

I would agree that a bulldozer is a different beast: and that's also a good idea to consider hiring one out.
From the look on the dog's face, I think he's (she) asking what you like ripped out next.

/ How to clear Holly tree #44  
Never mind the FEL. You will do very little but spin tires. You say 20 to 30 ft holly trees ? I don't know where you are but that's one hell of a holly tree. Most are more like bushes though granted they can get higher in old age. I do not have the experience as to how hard or easy holly is to uproot. Hopefully someone on here can speak with that experience. If the grove of hollies is fairly concentrated consider renting or hiring a dozer and get it over with all at once.

I just saw your pictures and there is nothing there a person from the East would call a holly tree or bush. I have no idea what you are dealing with. One key question is do you have a gully or logical disposal space? Space for a burn pile ? If so that makes the dozer more attractive. As Fallon say above if you hire it done who cares how they do it?

I’ve never seen a very big holly tree either. There’s one in my backyard that’s probably 6” at the base and 10’ tall. It’s not changed a notable amount in size in the 10 years I’ve lived here.

/ How to clear Holly tree #45  
If your in need of a Forester contact the DNR website, oh and I live in Indiana and have seen 100 ft Holly trees but their are many species from bushes to trees, I was the told the trees are a valuable as Walnut

/ How to clear Holly tree #46  
You might want to advertise the holly that big to see if some woodworker would do the job for you in exchange for the material.

/ How to clear Holly tree #47  
Just rent a 5-ton excavator for a day (with a hydraulic thumb) and rip 'em out. Buck the trees down to the trunk logs and stack in case of future value. You are overthinking this, and this forum will give you 27 different options.

/ How to clear Holly tree #48  
The cheapest and least destructive : Cut them at ground level and paint with full-strength Roundup. They won't grow back. Any mechanical means to take them down or dig them up is destructive and will leave enough roots for them to shoot back up in the spring. The wood is great for firewood, but you will need to get a splitter to split it. Burn or chip the brush. Any machine to push over or dig up 20 holly trees is prohibitively expensive and will make too much mess.

(If you really want to involve heavy equipment, you can hire a stump grinder to come out after they are cut and poisoned to grind below ground level.)

/ How to clear Holly tree #49  
You might want to advertise the holly that big to see if some woodworker would do the job for you in exchange for the material.
Woodpeckers prefer Sassafras trees to Holly trees any day of the week.

/ How to clear Holly tree #50  
Saw your pictures of your Holly trees, look like English Holly, there are more than 400 species of Holly, English are evasive types get a maximum of 40 ft. Down my way are American Holly which get huge, some 3 or 4ft at the base, 60 to 100 ft.depending on soil type.