How To Mow Farther Toward Treeline

/ How To Mow Farther Toward Treeline #31  
Doesn’t look like it....

/ How To Mow Farther Toward Treeline #32  
Best/cheapest thing are the Lane Shark mowers.
Pretty cool and affordable.

...if you don't count the price of glass? Or have good insurance?

How does that thing not throw chunks into the cab when tilted 90 degrees? Especially when taking out a hedgerow with 2" branches?

I wouldn't want an open cab either. Maybe a fine mesh screen? Or have the deck off to the side and closer to the operator station?

/ How To Mow Farther Toward Treeline #33  
...if you don't count the price of glass? Or have good insurance?

How does that thing not throw chunks into the cab when tilted 90 degrees? Especially when taking out a hedgerow with 2" branches?

I wouldn't want an open cab either. Maybe a fine mesh screen? Or have the deck off to the side and closer to the operator station?

looks like when it痴 in the sideways position, it痴 also to the right of the cab by a few feet, so I guess some chunks may go flying past the right side of the cab?

/ How To Mow Farther Toward Treeline #34  
I bought a brushhog brushhog brand its called a squealer its seven foot wide offset about a foot to the right its only 5 foot long made for a 45 hp tractor it doesn't do well in tall thick grass or weeds leaves a lot of stragglers sticking up but if you use it every couple weeks before the stuff gets tall it does great

/ How To Mow Farther Toward Treeline #35  
I like the suggestion of getting a sickle mower. Those aren't cheap either.

How far off to the side do you want to offset your 8' brush hog?

You can find pre-owned 9-foot sicklebar mowers readily.

MF31 sicklebar-1.JPG

Here's a used 9-ft Massey Ferguson sicklebar on my 2008 Mahindra 5525. Paid $250 for the mower and replaced the sickle sections and guards for about $150. I prefer a belt driven sicklebar over the other kind with the wooden drive bar.

Good luck

/ How To Mow Farther Toward Treeline #36  
I need something that reaches really high, like 10+ feet. That way I can keep my tractor cabs safe from branches and get rid of the shade canopies along the edges of my hay fields.
All the loader mounted contraptions look vulnerable to breaking.
As of now, I just drive my flatbed truck under the branches and cut them with my stihl Kombi pole saw.....