How to paint raised lettering on tractor

/ How to paint raised lettering on tractor #1  

krogers

Tractor
ford jubilee
Have any of you learned a good way to paint the raised lettering on tractor body work? I have been trying to find a way to do this on my Ford Jubilee. I tried using a sponge with paint on it by lightly pressing onto the letters but that did not work. I see decals advertised. I will research if that would be an alterative. Thanks.

/ How to paint raised lettering on tractor #3  
You might try this.
Apply grease to the lettering - then using a firm sponge with an absorbent cloth, wipe the grease off the letter surface you are wanting to paint (spray). Wipe with a solvent also to remove grease before painting. Spray the letters and let dry - then remove the rest of the grease. I used to do this for parts of a car when I spray painted the car.
The decals sound good also.

Last edited:
   / How to paint raised lettering on tractor #4  
Or tape over the entire area & cut out the letters from the tape shield with a razor knife.

/ How to paint raised lettering on tractor #5  
All my life I've been curious how Ford did it at the factory?

/ How to paint raised lettering on tractor #6  
I think they also sell a spray "blocking" that dries to the consistency of contact cement or light rubber. Spray off the area & cut out the letters to make a temporary stencil. then remove the rest when done.

or

Last edited:
   / How to paint raised lettering on tractor #7  
All my life I've been curious how Ford did it at the factory?
Painted letters with a brush. I had old tractors with brush marks. You could tell as it was fading away. Just paint hood or whatever, paint raised area with a brush. Easy.

/ How to paint raised lettering on tractor #8  
I used a foam roller, still needed a rag with thinner to clean some areas.

David

/ How to paint raised lettering on tractor #9  
Interesting replies. (y)

/ How to paint raised lettering on tractor #10  
1682372442283.png