how your RK 24's doing?

/ how your RK 24's doing? #21  
[Ask The Tractor Guy]
I tried it again only this time using Firefox instead of Chrome, and it worked. I completed the form, so we'll see how well they do. I'm not sure why the web page doesn't display correctly in Chrome.

It must be something with your computer - it works just fine on my PC using Chrome and Edge

Either way, I hope you get some resolution to your problems.

/ how your RK 24's doing? #22  
First time post. First time tractor owner. Lil' Duke just got his 50 hour service and is running like a swiss watch. Got box blade, backhoe, bushhog, loader bucket, grapple, carryall, pallet forks, 3 point log splitter, and something else I can't think of I'm sure. I have used them all. Mostly the box blade. I am on 5 acres and that is what we bought it for. However, I am and have been a Landscaper for 15+ years (mostly mowing). I am amazed out how much subcompact tractor work I can do in my line of work. I have more than solved the tool box issue (without using a welder) if anyone is interested , pm me.

/ how your RK 24's doing? #23  
First time post. First time tractor owner. Lil' Duke just got his 50 hour service and is running like a swiss watch. Got box blade, backhoe, bushhog, loader bucket, grapple, carryall, pallet forks, 3 point log splitter, and something else I can't think of I'm sure. I have used them all. Mostly the box blade. I am on 5 acres and that is what we bought it for. However, I am and have been a Landscaper for 15+ years (mostly mowing). I am amazed out how much subcompact tractor work I can do in my line of work. I have more than solved the tool box issue (without using a welder) if anyone is interested , pm me.

"tool box issue" = pictures please!

/ how your RK 24's doing? #24  
IMG_2545.JPGIMG_2546.JPG

This is the first one. This is the easiest one to do. It is a 50 cal ammo box (metal). It is very inexpensive most places. No extra bolts needed. If you notice in the picture, I used the existing bolts that hold on the loader controls. They are plenty long enough and you only have to drill three holes. I have my chain in that one.

Last edited:
   / how your RK 24's doing? #25  
IMG_2551.JPGIMG_2552.JPGIMG_2553.JPGIMG_2554.JPG

This is the second one I did and it is attached to the rops via ubolts. There are many ways of doing this. I normally try to use stuff I have laying around. I had to fer it out some with rubber in order to miss the big bolts on the rops from when the ammo box lid opens. I used some flat bar on the inside where the nuts are for more rigidity. As you can see, the old tool box mount is still there. It is underneath the ammo box for added support. I could have bolted the ammo box to it also but it is plenty sturdy without it.

Last edited:
   / how your RK 24's doing? #26  
View attachment 678301View attachment 678302View attachment 678303View attachment 678304View attachment 678305

The third one I did required a little more work. It is ubolted to the left loader bracket (if you are sitting on the tractor). I could not get the ubolts in that size so I had to make them from round 3/8 blank stock. I used 3/8 bolts and stop nuts. I used rubber stock from Rural King to fer it out enough so that the ammo box lid would miss the grease fitting on the loader arm. I lined the bottom of the boxes with a piece of outdoor carpet from a damaged piece I had. I hope this post will help some that are dealing with the same problem.

/ how your RK 24's doing? #27  
Exactly how I installed mine last year. Looks good. Make sure you put a plate or big heavy washers inside or it'll start to pull and rip out with heavy chains in it.

View attachment 678295View attachment 678296

This is the first one. This is the easiest one to do. It is a 50 cal ammo box (metal). It is very inexpensive most places. No extra bolts needed. If you notice in the picture, I used the existing bolts that hold on the loader controls. They are plenty long enough and you only have to drill three holes. I have my chain in that one.

/ how your RK 24's doing? #28  
Thanks. The one for the chain has a plate and the other two have oversized washers.

/ how your RK 24's doing? #29  
For those who might not know, seeing the hydro oil in the sight glass is sketchy ( for me at least ) on advice of my relative who works on tractors for a living I added John Deere MT3668 hydro dye to the reservoir after doing my 50 hour service, this gives the fluid a red color ( looks like ATF fluid ).
It makes seeing the fluid in the sight glass so easy even at a glance, I would recommend it if like me you have difficulty seeing the hydro fluid as it comes out of the jug.
Hope that this is of help to some.
Wow I’m having the same issue with my sight glass on my year old RK24. Thanks!