how your RK 24's doing?

/ how your RK 24's doing? #31  
At fifty hour service. Only problem was the PTO switch failed. Very bad design. I have heard of many many people having problems with this particular switch as it is on many makes and brands. The plastic backside just isn't strong enough to handle the spring tension. The salesman told about people having problems with it so I made sure to be very gentle every time I engaged it. Still failed. I replaced it with a double pole double throw toggle switch with safety slap guard. Will last forever.

/ how your RK 24's doing? #32  
At fifty hour service. Only problem was the PTO switch failed. Very bad design. I have heard of many many people having problems with this particular switch as it is on many makes and brands. The plastic backside just isn't strong enough to handle the spring tension. The salesman told about people having problems with it so I made sure to be very gentle every time I engaged it. Still failed. I replaced it with a double pole double throw toggle switch with safety slap guard. Will last forever.
The other day I went to my local store to pick up filters and fluid. While I was back in the shop I saw the shelf where they keep all the service items. One thing stuck out. I big box of PTO switches next to all the filters. I think they go through a lot of them.

Last edited:
   / how your RK 24's doing? #33  
185 hrs, only problem i am having is my glow plug indicator does not always light up nor do the plugs heat up when this happens. Sometimes it works normal and sometimes it does not. Doesn't appear to be outside temperature related as it does itin the summer as well as when cold outside. Other than that it has been a good tractor for my needs.

/ how your RK 24's doing? #35  
Hi all!
RK 24 owners how's your tractors doing so far and how many hours do you have on it so far?
Mine's running/working fine @ 75 hrs. Just wondering how they've been running as hours accumulate.
I haven't seen too many new u-tube vids with guys using them.
Anyone have trouble starting randomly? It’s not the battery bc the lights etc work And battery shows fully charged. When I turn the key it won’t start (nothing happens) however I can jump using metal at the starter…..any ideas where to begin looking for problems??

/ how your RK 24's doing? #36  
Janelle, I auume that when you say that you're jumping across the termials at the starter you are referring to the solenoid. The solenoid acts like a relay in that when you turn the ignition switch to start it energizes the solenoid to supply 12 volts at highs amps to the starter. When you jumper across those terminals you are in effect energizing the solenoid. If the solenoid doesn't energize with the ignition switch then either the switch is bad and not supplying 12 volts to energize it or the solenoid is bad.

/ how your RK 24's doing? #37  
Do you have info on wire hook-up to new switch? Any pictures?

/ how your RK 24's doing? #38  
This little tractor can! Impressive what it gets done.

/ how your RK 24's doing? #39  
Anyone have trouble starting randomly? It’s not the battery bc the lights etc work And battery shows fully charged. When I turn the key it won’t start (nothing happens) however I can jump using metal at the starter…..any ideas where to begin looking for problems??
On my RK24 i found it is the brake switch. I have had the issue you described occasionally. I turn the key and release the brake peddle slowly until it cranks.