HP For Snow Blower

/ HP For Snow Blower
I've used plows and snowblowers on machines with manual transmission. It was my only option at the time, and I was young, and it worked well enough for this guy who didn't know any better.

But now that I've owned several HST machines, I can't even imagine wanting to go back to any manual gearbox for moving snow. Yes, it can be done, but... why would anyone want to? HST is just infinitely faster and more convenient for anyone constantly changing directions to clear parking spaces or anything other than a long/straight drive.
Thanks for that outlook.
It also reflects what my friends are saying when I bore them with the topic.

/ HP For Snow Blower
I'm going to hijack my own thread.

The TYM tractor comes with a skid steer style quick connect I think.
It has two levers to lock the attachment on as opposed to inserting pins.
Is this what they refer to with "skid steer quick connect"?

If so, does that mean I can buy any used made-for-skid-steer grapple and it will work on the TYM brand?
It is 3rd function ready but not installed. That's extra, but apparently the controls are already on the FEL lever.

/ HP For Snow Blower #23  
Google an image of SSQA (skid steer quick attach), and see if that's what you've got!

Any front blower you buy for your tractor would have to be compatible with your front PTO. CUT's don't have enough hydraulic flow to support a hydraulic motor on a blower (20 hp ~ 20 GPM).

/ HP For Snow Blower #25  
I have been using it on the Foton. It came with it when the guy gave it to me.
It's goes through any amount of snow no problem on that tractor. But it's broken now and I had to weight fixing it, or new tractor payments.

If I eventually get the Foton fixed it'll leave me the option to keep both, or sell one or the other.

Thanks for the reply

Apparently neither Sims, Curtis or the Original Tractor Cab Company offer full cabs for your mule.

Damage like that cannot be repaired as the cabin is considered compromised.

It would cost you less to have the cab replaced most likely but a new mule will have the advantage
of local dealer support for warranty and normal service repairs.

Can you afford to purchase a new smaller mule with a loader 3 pairs of rear remote outlets, new snow blower in the next smaller frame size??

It would let you buy the mule with the closest dealer support, a loader, carbide V bar snow chains, snow blower
with hydraulic chute and spout control, HID light kits, all weather cab with air conditioning, AM-FM-satellite radio, R-1, R-2 or the R-3 tires which are better all around according to the European users.

It would be worth checking to see if your home insurance could be of some help if you have not already done this
as wind damage to personal property is usually part of an insurance policy.

/ HP For Snow Blower
Apparently neither Sims, Curtis or the Original Tractor Cab Company offer full cabs for your mule.

Damage like that cannot be repaired as the cabin is considered compromised.

It would cost you less to have the cab replaced most likely but a new mule will have the advantage
of local dealer support for warranty and normal service repairs.

Can you afford to purchase a new smaller mule with a loader 3 pairs of rear remote outlets, new snow blower in the next smaller frame size??

It would let you buy the mule with the closest dealer support, a loader, carbide V bar snow chains, snow blower
with hydraulic chute and spout control, HID light kits, all weather cab with air conditioning, AM-FM-satellite radio, R-1, R-2 or the R-3 tires which are better all around according to the European users.

It would be worth checking to see if your home insurance could be of some help if you have not already done this
as wind damage to personal property is usually part of an insurance policy.
Not sure what you mean by mule except maybe a casual slang for tractor? That's how it reads.
Been through all this with insurance. I wrote about it in this thread.
Insurance gave me some compensation even though they said they don't insure over 25HP on general household policy. This tractor is 50hp and apparently should have had a separate rider in the policy for coverage.
They gave me much less than the estimate I had to replace the cab. And the tractor is now broken.

I can't afford what you describe (all those great options) as a new, smaller tractor, but that is what I'm looking at, hence why I'm asking about running the blower I have now on a 25hp new TYM T25.

/ HP For Snow Blower #27  
Insurance gave me some compensation even though they said they don't insure over 25HP on general household policy.
This is not something I'd heard before, although it makes sense. What insurance company?

My agent tells me, "you're covered", but I think it's time I start reading my policy more carefully.

/ HP For Snow Blower
This is not something I'd heard before, although it makes sense. What insurance company?

My agent tells me, "you're covered", but I think it's time I start reading my policy more carefully.
Could be a Canadian thing.

There was so much wide spread damage from that storm that the claims were farmed out to US affiliates.
The person handling my claim at first was from Dallas Tx and sympathized with how badly I needed a tractor
to clear snow. That may have played a part. Also, they seemed concerned it was used for commercial work. I assured them it wasn't. And it isn't.
Either way it wasn't enough to replace the cab. But someone along the way, including a close friend, told me over 25HP needs a separate rider in your policy.

/ HP For Snow Blower #29  
Could be a Canadian thing.

There was so much wide spread damage from that storm that the claims were farmed out to US affiliates.
The person handling my claim at first was from Dallas Tx and sympathized with how badly I needed a tractor
to clear snow. That may have played a part. Also, they seemed concerned it was used for commercial work. I assured them it wasn't. And it isn't.
Either way it wasn't enough to replace the cab. But someone along the way, including a close friend, told me over 25HP needs a separate rider in your policy.
I'll make a point to double-check mine. I know I have the same restriction of "no commercial usage" in my coverage, and I did make sure the agent was very clear on this NOT being a lawn tractor.

I live in a relatively wealthy semi-rural area, where most homes have a CUT. So I suspect my local agent is very used to dealing with similar machines from many of his customers, and would or should have pointed out to me if there were a horsepower restriction, but it's always good to check.

/ HP For Snow Blower #30  
I'll make a point to double-check mine. I know I have the same restriction of "no commercial usage" in my coverage, and I did make sure the agent was very clear on this NOT being a lawn tractor.

I live in a relatively wealthy semi-rural area, where most homes have a CUT. So I suspect my local agent is very used to dealing with similar machines from many of his customers, and would or should have pointed out to me if there were a horsepower restriction, but it's always good to check.
Please check to see if your policy also has replacement value coverage for
your 3033R. You should have it in case you are a victim of mule theft.