HP For Snow Blower

/ HP For Snow Blower #61  
Well aware. They're pricey enough here without a cab.
I only make so much money.
I 100% understand, I was just letting others know. I saw some mention the lack of cab. Many smaller tractors don't even have the option. I have an open station on my 574, too.

/ HP For Snow Blower
Ran it for a couple hours today. LOVE the grapple.
Pushed her a bit to see what it would do as well. With a longer but smaller tree I found it's power limit trying to shove that tree into some thick bush
for storage.
Grabbed a couple whole logs by their end (about 6 to 8 inches around) and
tried pulled them straight backward. Worked good, but pretty sure that wasn't the intent of a grapple :)

Working forward on the edge of a bush filled ditch I startled myself a bit. The go pedal is where the brake on my other machine is LOL.

Had to go show the neighbor as well. Just had to. Pretty sure he will be looking at them on-line as well. He made a point of remembering the model #.
He has a very capable but older Kubota, but shiny always looks good at first.

He also offered a few shovel fulls of gravel for the ballast box from his small stockpile behind the shed. We were both surprised to see the box had no drain holes,
so next up.... drill some holes for drainage.

All in all, quite pleased with it. I knew I would be.

I haven't made a "new vehicle" purchase since 1996.

I had more stuff planned for tomorrow but my friggin' Ford truck won't start (starter motor) and it's blocking what I was going to do.

/ HP For Snow Blower
Another question.

When and if I attach the 3pt snow blower from my broken tractor, a friend pointed out I should either flush the fluid from the blower, or make
sure the fluid is the same as what's used in the T25.
Sounds reasonable I guess, but I can't find out 100% for sure what type of fluid is in the T25, and I don't know yet if it is separate fluid (types) in
the HST and implements.

So, other than being fussy about clean fluid or cross contamination, should I flush the blower?
and
Is there only one fluid in the new machine for the transmission and implements?

/ HP For Snow Blower #65  
No, you need to worry more about cleaning the couplings on the snow blower
and the new mule before you couple them.

/ HP For Snow Blower #66  
If I were to ever buy a 2nd-hand hydraulic implement, then yes... I'd drain the old user's fluid and refill with the same used in my tractor. There's no telling what crap was in there from a prior owner, and it's too cheap and easy to do this to even debate it.

Your tractor manufacturer should specify the hydraulic fluid used in your machine.

All couplings should be clean, but that doesn't negate the need for clean hydraulic oil of the proper type.

/ HP For Snow Blower
I have no idea what fluid I used in the other tractor. Just generic stuff I believe. The label is off the jug.

Do I have to take the connectors apart to drain old fluid out? I assume so. Or can I push the check ball?

/ HP For Snow Blower #68  
Should be able to just push the popit, or however it is spelled, and release the pressure.

/ HP For Snow Blower
I may split the poppit
valve and let it drain for a couple days.

/ HP For Snow Blower
Put some scratches on the new buggy today.
On the bucket anyway.
Moved a bunch of crap with the grapple - love that thing.
Filled my ballast box with the neighbor's gravel after drilling a couple drain holes in the bottom (who makes an
open top ballast box with no drain holes??).
Figured out my wireless phone charger thingy.
Figured out my blue tooth speakers.
Figured out I need to retrain my right foot to understand it is no longer on a brake pedal.
Decided I made a good move pushing to get this thing home as my week of vacation started (last Saturday).