Hub repair help

/ Hub repair help #1  

Dwellonroof

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3046r
I found the problem with the rear hydraulic dive wheel to a vibratory roller that I purchased which at first I thought was the wheel motor but after dismantling it I found that the hub is wallowed out at the keyway.
Does anyone know how to go about getting it repaired since the part is no longer available. It’s off an older Wolf PAC 3100
IMG_1206.JPG
IMG_1207.JPG

/ Hub repair help
The old owner was a landscaper and they capped off the line to that wheel and apparently used it quite a bit because it is all wallowed out and doesn't come close to fitting the axle part.

/ Hub repair help #4  
Is it just the key-way or is the hole wallowed out to the point the shaft is a sloppy fit? If the shaft is still a tight fit then Mike in Tenn. has the answer. If the shaft is loose then you may be able to bore out the part and sleeve it. You can then key the sleeve and the shaft.

/ Hub repair help
   / Hub repair help #6  
If it is completely wallowed out, you can have it welded or brazed up then machined and broached.

/ Hub repair help #7  
Or you could have the hub machined for a browning style taper lock hub. If the shaft isn't too worn this will work. If the shaft is really worn then you need to look at that too.

/ Hub repair help
The most economical option is in new hub which I’m thinking I can modify myself, but it’s looking like modifying the mounting plate is going to be needed also such as elongating the mating holes since the old hub is 4.25” bolt pattern and the new one is 4.50.

/ Hub repair help #9  
I'd try to avoid modifying more parts and I don't really care for elongated holes. Can you drill new holes in the new hub halfway between the existing holes.

/ Hub repair help
I would rather not have to modify any part but I will have to wait until I receive the new hub in order to make a decision. I probably will take it somewhere and see what they say.