Hyd quick disconnect

/ Hyd quick disconnect #1  

MountainBuck

Silver Member
Tractor
Ventrac 4500P; Kubota RTV-X1100C
Today I had a very difficult time connection the "quick disconnect" fittings on the bucket to my 4500p.

None of the 4 hoses would not connect.

I then wondered if pressure in the bucket hoses was too high, so I pushed in the pin with great difficulty on the hoses to relieve the pressure.

Then it was easy to connect.

So I was wondering if there is a tool available to push in this pin? I cannot think of anything else to relieve the pressure short of taking a wrench to unscrew the fitting.

By the way, pushing in this pin is very dangerous due to the high pressure it was under. It also took all of the hand strength I could muster.

/ Hyd quick disconnect #2  
I have a six inch chunk of 1/2" diameter plastic rod. Wrap shop towel around hydraulic fitting - push rod & shop towel down on ball to relieve pressure.

There may well be a tool - I've not heard of one.

/ Hyd quick disconnect #3  
There is a tool that will do it although I don't have the link. Someone will likely tell us. Had same issue today and resolved it by loosening a fitting

/ Hyd quick disconnect #4  
If you leave the implements in the sun, the fluids expand. Been there done that. When I pull loader off of tractor I leave it in covered shed, and that stopped my issues. A block of wood and towel work just fine. There is a wrench but it seems like a lot of work.

/ Hyd quick disconnect #5  
Wrap the end of the fitting in rag, and smack it (the ball end) with a hammer. Works like a charm and contains the oil that sprays out.

/ Hyd quick disconnect #6  
Another trick I use is to squirt both male and female fittings with WD40 to flush/wash off any grit/grime for an easier connect.
I also do this whenever I connect my PTO shafts and never have had trouble connecting.

Sure, air would also work to clean but then air hose is not always at hand while a can of WD can be kept in the cab or tool box.

/ Hyd quick disconnect #7  
Wrap the end of the fitting in rag, and smack it (the ball end) with a hammer. Works like a charm and contains the oil that sprays out.

The guy from the elec co came by for the const meter and the first thing he said was....you wanna well your 4 in 1?

2 minutes re electrical, 20 minutes on the 4 in 1.

Im not suggesting you do it but he said he takes something like a flat faced punch and gives it a smack with a hammer.

He said, don't hit it too hard.

Similar to the other solutions.

/ Hyd quick disconnect #8  
I carry a shackle in the box and a rag for that problem, just a little tap with the rag covering it and to catch the oil..... it is always the male end.... jim

/ Hyd quick disconnect #9  
Best to relieve the pressure before disconnecting but that’s not always convenient.

/ Hyd quick disconnect
Thanks for all the replies.

I decided to try and make a tool. This is what I came up with so far.

I used a 1" OD square tube to start and notched it out. Then welded a weld-nut to the pilot hole I drilled a little more than 1/4" from the end.

My only complaint with the tool is that the hyd. coupler is a little squirrelly in the slot but not too bad.

Attachments

• depress2.jpg
    depress2.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 114
  • depress3.jpg
    depress3.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Depress.jpg
    Depress.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 119