Hyd top link on 3720

/ Hyd top link on 3720 #1  

KennedyDiesel

Veteran Member
For those that have added this with a 3rd SCV do I need the piloting check valves to hold it or does the 3rd SCV hold position securely? I need it to hold solid for use with my Harley Rake and would spring for the valve(s) if they were a solid benefit.

/ Hyd top link on 3720 #2  
For those that have added this with a 3rd SCV do I need the piloting check valves to hold it or does the 3rd SCV hold position securely? I need it to hold solid for use with my Harley Rake and would spring for the valve(s) if they were a solid benefit.

My 3rd SCV doesnt leak down from the valve itself, 99% of my leakdown is the cylinder.
I will get a cylinder with a Pilot Check valve eventually, but I will also keep my non pilot controled one because I like the fact I can "float" the toplink...

/ Hyd top link on 3720 #3  
I think you could still float the top link even with the check valve (I guess the proper term is pilot valve) cylinder, if your loader valve and 3rd SCV is the same as my 4310, my 3rd scv lever has a float position, not sure if it has a detente lock like on the loader stick though?

If it's true that most of the leak down occurs at the cylinder then probably more reason for the pilot valve. As sometimes you might not have/want the HTL connected to the remotes, if you needed them for something else. prevents you from having to switch back over to your manual top link, as it stays in a locked solid position.

The one negative about the pilot set up is you can't drop or other wise move the cylinder with out engine running. So if you turn off machine and want to lower under gravity, the position of an implement you can't until you restart. Not a biggie but it has happened to me more than once.

What I found was only pilot valve HTL was easy to find and order regardless of my preference, So I got it and have no regrets.

Good Luck,

/ Hyd top link on 3720 #4  
I think you could still float the top link even with the check valve (I guess the proper term is pilot valve) cylinder, if your loader valve and 3rd SCV is the same as my 4310, my 3rd scv lever has a float position, not sure if it has a detente lock like on the loader stick though?

After thinking about this, I realized it's wrong. you can't have float on the HTL with pilot valve.
I never had a reason to use it so I wasn't sure.
I did check the 3rd scv valve today and it does lock into float.

/ Hyd top link on 3720 #5  
After thinking about this, I realized it's wrong. you can't have float on the HTL with pilot valve.
I never had a reason to use it so I wasn't sure.
I did check the 3rd scv valve today and it does lock into float.

Correct. You can NOT "float" a cylinder with a DPOCV (Dual Pilot Operated Check Valve)

Fact is, a cylinder with a DPOCV is only about $30 more than one without. CCM and the Surplus Center both have them.

/ Hyd top link on 3720
Thanks

CCM is the name I was looking for I believe. They've been doing top/tilt kits for quite some time as I recall.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2012 Ford F750 2000 Gallon Water Truck, (A35430)
2012 Ford F750...
2020 RoGator RG1300C Precision R2 Air Max Spreader (A35465)
2020 RoGator...
2007 40ft Changzhou Container, (A35430)
2007 40ft...
2019 Ford F750 Dump Truck, (A35430)
2019 Ford F750...
2006 20ft Shenzhen Container, (A35430)
2006 20ft Shenzhen...
2023 Rawmaxx FDX-40-215KHYD Equipment Trailer, (A35430)
2023 Rawmaxx...