Hydraulic connections won’t go on Grapple

/ Hydraulic connections won’t go on Grapple #21  
Leave my stuff out in the sun all summer and after learning to depressurize before unhooking I've had no issues even on the hottest of days. It makes tapping and bleeding unnecessary from what I've found. I struggled every time and now I have zero issues. I tried leaving the lid up, half way, connecting the hoses, etc. None was a sure thing. You can't bleed down the pressure when the tractor is off if you have an electric third function, unless you go key to on with the tractor off.

/ Hydraulic connections won’t go on Grapple #22  
Irwin makes a set of clamps just for Hydraulic lines, with these you just squeeze the handle and it pushes them on for you. Just a thought.

/ Hydraulic connections won’t go on Grapple #23  
Leave my stuff out in the sun all summer and after learning to depressurize before unhooking I've had no issues even on the hottest of days. It makes tapping and bleeding unnecessary from what I've found. I struggled every time and now I have zero issues. I tried leaving the lid up, half way, connecting the hoses, etc. None was a sure thing. You can't bleed down the pressure when the tractor is off if you have an electric third function, unless you go key to on with the tractor off.
My selector valve is tapped into a fuse that is hot all the time. It doesn't require the key to be on.

I would like to know how you can depressurize the system with the grapple lid part way open?

/ Hydraulic connections won’t go on Grapple #24  
My selector valve is tapped into a fuse that is hot all the time. It doesn't require the key to be on.

I would like to know how you can depressurize the system with the grapple lid part way open?
That's sorta what I was getting at

/ Hydraulic connections won’t go on Grapple #25  
   / Hydraulic connections won’t go on Grapple
Thanks guys,
I will definitely try some of these options ,I do appreciate all the input, thanks Dan , and yes I do have the type of coupler with the little popit on the end,

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic connections won’t go on Grapple #27  

Now that you mention it, I may have been leaving it part-way before I realized that I needed the key on (for my setup). So basically it wasn't doing a thing. Scratch my partially open comment.

/ Hydraulic connections won’t go on Grapple #28  
Those connectors look nice, but I'm not sure I want to be buying $50/set for various implements. I already have that issue with the quick-connect lower arm bushings. It always just comes down to whatever works for each person.

/ Hydraulic connections won’t go on Grapple #30  
Someone above mentioned something that sounded like (what I'm describing below) too. I'm certainly not sure I've hit on any magic formulas yet.
After some incredibly tough connect activity this spring, I am doing one thing new and it's been easy to attach hoses since I started it, but it could be complete coincidence.

I leave the grapple open a bit before I turn off the tractor. Then when I turn on just the electronics and try to bleed via valve manipulation, the grapple will close, drawing the cylinders out (claw closes, cylinder extends), and in my imagination that's reducing fluid pressure in the grapple side of things. So far it's been a piece of cake reattaching after that, again, don't know if it's coincidence yet.

In the spring I had no pressure in the tractor hoses when trying to attach (or at least the hose with the male connector), I could depress the hose nipple and have not much dribble out. So I assume the pressure causing me problems was in the grapple side of things, because I just could not get the grapple female to mate with the no-pressure tractor male until I jury rigged a thing to force them together.

Let the myth busting commence.