Hydraulic coupler advice

/ Hydraulic coupler advice #1  

future_vision

Gold Member
Tractor
DK6010SE HSA
I'm getting a 3rd function kit and some attachments and was wondering what is the best coupler to go with? Seems like the flat face couples always come as an option for attachments for some extra $$$. Are they worth the extra money?

/ Hydraulic coupler advice #3  
I went with the same AG style connectors that were already on the tractor being they have always worked just fine... Didn't see any need to pay extra for the flat face connectors & then have 2 different connector types.

It also made it easier to use some of our attachment on the 3PT as well as the FEL.

/ Hydraulic coupler advice
Stay with brand and type already used on tractor (FEL?) ....
Hmm. I am honestly new to all of this. Are you saying use the same attachment that comes with the 3rd function kit?

/ Hydraulic coupler advice #5  
So, I believe WranglerX is say to keep everything uniform stay with the same type of couplers that are already on your tractor; which as I stated above, is what I did when adding the 3rd function diverter valve to our machine. Keeping the connector style consistent just makes things easier IMO.

I'm not familiar with your particular tractor... but most tractors use the AG style hydraulic couplers.

They look like the ones below...
1659457331417.png

/ Hydraulic coupler advice #6  
Hmm. I am honestly new to all of this. Are you saying use the same attachment that comes with the 3rd function kit?
Attachment = implement. The flat faced connectors are typically used on skid steers, he is saying stick to what came with your tractor, they will match any implements that are for tractors.

Attachment = implement. The flat faced connectors are typically used on skid steers, he is saying stick to what came with your tractor, they will match any implements that are for tractors.
Got it. I am told the Kioti 3rd function kit comes with Ag style or Pioneer style couplers. But I see a good number of videos that say flat face are easier to keep clean and easier to connect/disconnect.

Maybe ordering the attachments with flat face and then getting flat face to pioneer adapters might be one way to go? That way if I buy an implement that already has pioneer couplers I will still have the ability to hook them out by taking off the adapters.

I don't mind paying the extra if it makes things easier and cleaner. Just like I can't wait to get rid of my turnbuckles for the stabilizers and get some euro style quick hitches.

/ Hydraulic coupler advice #8  
I've been out here for 40+ years. Two tractors. Both with Ag style couplers. Forty years and not a moments problems.

In my years with the tractors - I've looked at a whole lot of various implements. If they are made for a tractor - you can be almost 100% sure - they will come with an Ag style coupler.

I've been out here for 40+ years. Two tractors. Both with Ag style couplers. Forty years and not a moments problems.

In my years with the tractors - I've looked at a whole lot of various implements. If they are made for a tractor - you can be almost 100% sure - they will come with an Ag style coupler.
I guess if I also owned a skid steer and wanted to swap implements between the two then flat face might be the way to go from the start. I hear your argument and will probably go that route.

/ Hydraulic coupler advice #10  
Several of my attachments came with FF couplers and I have standardized everything to that. I like them better than AG couplers because FF couplers are easier to keep clean and leak less when disconnecting. AG couplers are easier to crack to relieve pressure if you store you implement in the sun. To me FF couplers are better.

It's all personal preference, do whatever floats your boat.