Kubota B-series & Mini Excavator
3/8" hose, 34" long. $96.17 each.

I must have been under a rock. I thought:
"OK so they're about $25 each
but since inflation is only 3.5% since covid
everything's doubled
so they're probably $50.
I should get a spare."

ooops, the price was 4x that..... $100 each. ($212.37 for two little hoses)

If something so dumb as a hose is $100 how much are hydraulic cylinders now?
What about a precision item like a valve?

Printing money seems so "3rd world" but I guess that's what we are going to be now.

kubota B2710 hoses.jpg

/ Hydraulic hose prices (unbelievable !) #2  
Holy crap.
Here's a 3' hose with male npt ends from Princess Auto ( Canada's version of Harbour freight) Yes it's only a 4,000lb where yours is 5,000 but still....wow. The one with JIC ends is only $22, and that's all Canuk bucks too.

1716455825650.png

/ Hydraulic hose prices (unbelievable !) #3  
I bought a similar hose a month or 2 ago, they even pulled my adapters off, add some hose protector for $50

/ Hydraulic hose prices (unbelievable !) #4  
In 2022 I think I paid about $150 to have two made up while I watched at a custom hydraulic shop. For my hydraulic top Link which I'm guessing maybe yours are for.

/ Hydraulic hose prices (unbelievable !) #5  
I was used to getting cheap tractor hoses. They varied some, but usually somewhere around $50 or so, I think.

I'll have to find my receipt from Caterpillar recently, but they were rather more expensive.

I bought 3 hoses, and some oil, and paid over $1000.

I'm ready to go back to buying tractor hoses.

Then, I got a cheap Chinese mini-dozer. And, nobody wants to make my hoses :(

/ Hydraulic hose prices (unbelievable !) #6  
I just went to an industrial supply warehouse.

/ Hydraulic hose prices (unbelievable !) #7  
Down here in SC the auto parts stores have gotten into the hydraulic hose game.. and cheap too..
Only problem is the O.D. is “a little” bigger..
THAT comes into play when replacing the boom hoses on a Case 580CK.!!
So next time your in YOUR LOCAL auto parts store, ask’m if they make hydro hoses.. they might just surprise you..

/ Hydraulic hose prices (unbelievable !) #8  
Just got two 1/2" x 105" hoses made at the local Deere dealership, $120 with a gallon of Hyguard. I was expecting them to be higher.

/ Hydraulic hose prices (unbelievable !) #9  
Down here in SC the auto parts stores have gotten into the hydraulic hose game.. and cheap too..
So next time your in YOUR LOCAL auto parts store, ask’m if they make hydro hoses.. they might just surprise you..

Yeah, things like price per foot changes when going from single wire to six wire hose.

Also may need Gorilla arms to align the fittings and start the threads.

/ Hydraulic hose prices (unbelievable !) #10  
Napa in my area. And it has been my experience the price of getting hoses made varies depending on the type of fitting The fittings that use tapers to seal and have to be majorly tight to seal are $10-15 but the O ring sealing type are $35-50.