Hydraulic hose prices (unbelievable !)

/ Hydraulic hose prices (unbelievable !) #11  
Down here in SC the auto parts stores have gotten into the hydraulic hose game.. and cheap too..
Only problem is the O.D. is “a little” bigger..
THAT comes into play when replacing the boom hoses on a Case 580CK.!!
So next time your in YOUR LOCAL auto parts store, ask’m if they make hydro hoses.. they might just surprise you..
I would shop around I had one made on a weekend at an auto parts store and it was expensive. The high price was the fittings the hose wasn’t too bad.

I found local hydraulic stores and tractor dealers were cheaper. The fittings there were like $20 per vs $44.

/ Hydraulic hose prices (unbelievable !) #12  
I need two ~ 25 foot 3/8" 2 wire for a thumb I am changing from fixed to hydraulic. I will get them from the local heavy equipment shop guessing $160 but is all Parker which has been good in the past.

Vevor has 100 foot rolls of 2 wire 3/8" for $88, but who will want to install name brand ends.

/ Hydraulic hose prices (unbelievable !) #13  
I just ran 2 - 1/2 “ lines the full length of a set of 4 bottom plows. Made at JD. $219. Op needs to shop around for better pricing.
image.jpg

/ Hydraulic hose prices (unbelievable !) #14  
I was just looking at 8 foot hoses at my local farm store and they were $30.

/ Hydraulic hose prices (unbelievable !) #15  
I've been thinking about hoses myself. Mine dont leak, but it is only a matter of time. Some look old and cracked.
They are not hard to make, just need the tools. Used to make them in the Navy.
Tools can be expensive, but would pay for themselves.
Probably would not be hard to rig up a gauge, some fittings on AUX hydraulic to test the the line before installing them.

/ Hydraulic hose prices (unbelievable !) #16  
A set of hydraulic hose die and the machine isn't cheap or worth owning unless your making a ton of hoses.

The fittings are the expensive part.

And I have never seen anyone test a hose before installing it. Just make it correctly.

/ Hydraulic hose prices (unbelievable !) #17  
Another source is, the forklift guys..
Around here they have the hose machine IN THEIR TRUCK/VAN.
If u can stop one of’m and ask.. the ones I knew worked for LINDE.. and they STAYED BUSY on the weekends, pocketing the proceeds. (If u know what I mean)

/ Hydraulic hose prices (unbelievable !) #18  
Ebay.com or Ebaymotors.com

I just replaced one 12" hose at NAPA and paid $67.50. I should have asked before he took 7 1/2 minutes to make it up.

1- know your fittings
2- order basic hoses with (3/8" or 1/2") standard fittings
3- order the adapters to match your configuration

Another thing, if you MAY need to replace a hose or three soon, get them now! Prices are only going up.

/ Hydraulic hose prices (unbelievable !) #19  
I was just looking at 8 foot hoses at my local farm store and they were $30.
A couple of things, here. First, pre-made factory lengths are always way cheaper than custom hoses. Second, $30 TSC hoses are usually NPT(m) ends, whereas OP's appear to be NPT(m) to JIC(f), or at least NPS.

/ Hydraulic hose prices (unbelievable !) #20  
I always order from Burdens when Im working in a project.
I understand the Im down and gotta have it now situation.