hydraulic hoses replacement?

/ hydraulic hoses replacement? #11  
Is there any rule of thumb on what hydraulic hoses should cost? I realize there is much variation, but everytime I buy some they seem expensive.
A question near and "dear" to my heart. I replace 5-10 hoses per year.
We have a few local hydraulic shops that are part of a regional company. Service is ok, but price is astronomical. Not uncommon to pay $100+ for a 4' hose with 2 ends.
I found an Amish hydraulic shop. They are 1/3rd the price. I had 2 medium length hoses made for $47.

/ hydraulic hoses replacement? #12  
Surplus center saved some $$$ replacing all hoses on the B20 after 25 years. Took a lot of figuring with lengths and fittings.

A hydraulic shop is your best bet. Be sure to label, take pictures and maybe a couple of trips/batches with the worst ones first.

/ hydraulic hoses replacement? #13  
I just replaced 2 on my TC40DA FEL when I to have a leaking cylinder rebuilt. I have 2 hydraulic hose businesses close to me, one of which also rebuilds cylinders. The price from each to make the hoses was the same as factory NH hoses, $50 each. My NH dealer had them in stock. Since I had taken the cylinder to the dealer to get it rebuilt, I got the hoses from the dealer parts department when I picked up the cylinder.

/ hydraulic hoses replacement? #14  
Just last week I had 2 new hoses made at a custom hydraulic shop that does this kind of work everyday , 2 hoses about 10 feet each with special ends cost me $170.00 and it took them about 15 minutes to make them. Had them made 10” longer than the old hoses and so far I’m very glad there a little longer.

/ hydraulic hoses replacement? #15  
All good recommendations for taking the old hoses to a shop, and requesting new ones. Rob 80's thoughts about re-using the old ends won't fly. Keep every fitting you can remove with wrenches, but beyond that you will need new. Any time I have suggested a shop retain an existing component, the response is the same you would get if you went to an oil changing place with your own oil. It is OK to be frugal, but given the life-span of a hydraulic hose that is not damaged, even expensive ones are a good investment.

/ hydraulic hoses replacement? #16  
My old man has a B7800 a lot of the hydraulic hoses are dry rotted on the front end loader one is leaking pretty bad are they very hard to replace? Does anyone know the size of them 3/8 maybe?

The ones at tractor supply look like they have a different fitting and i'm not sure how much the length matters, like if you replace one that is 2ft but use a 3ft.
Bring the old ones to Advance Auto Parts, and they will make new ones right there

/ hydraulic hoses replacement? #17  
The hoses I have got from Napa and auto parts stores are nowhere near the quality from surplus center or hydraulic shops. Basic hydraulic hose vs tuffguard gates hoses that last longer in a tractor environment. Some of my Kubotas have had special ends including British pipe thread.
Replacing hoses is not all that complicated and op might learn new experience and skills to be the next expert.

/ hydraulic hoses replacement?
Are they 1/4"

/ hydraulic hoses replacement? #19  
I replaced mine from surplus center and they are JIC ends. Was very good price. Napa around here is about 3 times the price.
Yup. Napa in town makes them but the Cat dealer is less expensive if you can believe that. And I KNOW that the hose that Cat stocks is much better quality but if requires special barbs and crimp collars that fit that hose.

/ hydraulic hoses replacement? #20  
This sounds like the best option. Wonder what kind of price range they will be in? Couldn't they use the original connector to save a little cash.
You just need the hoses. they are made with threaded ends. You can reuse your old connectors. BTW connectors arnt that much more though.