hydraulic hoses replacement?

/ hydraulic hoses replacement? #1  

Rob 80

Silver Member
Tractor
B2650
My old man has a B7800 a lot of the hydraulic hoses are dry rotted on the front end loader one is leaking pretty bad are they very hard to replace? Does anyone know the size of them 3/8 maybe?

The ones at tractor supply look like they have a different fitting and i'm not sure how much the length matters, like if you replace one that is 2ft but use a 3ft.

/ hydraulic hoses replacement? #3  
Follow RickB's advice.........And remember the "old man" will be you one day.

/ hydraulic hoses replacement? #4  
Remove them and take them to a tractor dealer, auto parts house or hydraulic shop where they make hoses. Hand them to the guy and tell him you want new hoses. They will make them to length with the correct fittings.

This. My local NAPA does hydraulic hoses for the same, or cheaper, than you can order them usually.

/ hydraulic hoses replacement? #5  
Yes, take them to hydraulic shop.

FWIW, heavy truck and equipment dealers make their own in house. They also have a plethora of fittings too.

I replaced all my hoses on my machine 2 years ago. I don't need those suckers popping or leaking. It's just POM.

/ hydraulic hoses replacement? #6  
I replaced mine from surplus center and they are JIC ends. Was very good price. Napa around here is about 3 times the price.

/ hydraulic hoses replacement? #7  
I replaced mine from surplus center and they are JIC ends. Was very good price. Napa around here is about 3 times the price.
Perhaps not the best choice for someone that doesn’t know what size or style of hose or fitting he is looking at. Half price hoses are full price the second time around after double the wait. Most local suppliers build hoses while you wait. Incorrect custom ordered hoses will be the buyer’s to keep.

/ hydraulic hoses replacement? #8  
Yeah, Surplus Center doesn't always have the correct length either. I have a couple of hoses on one of my builds I had to loop. I'm going through my Kenbota right now replacing hoses and adding outlets for a grapple.

/ hydraulic hoses replacement?
Remove them and take them to a tractor dealer, auto parts house or hydraulic shop where they make hoses. Hand them to the guy and tell him you want new hoses. They will make them to length with the correct fittings.

This sounds like the best option. Wonder what kind of price range they will be in? Couldn't they use the original connector to save a little cash.

Attachments

• IMG_0391.JPG
    IMG_0391.JPG
    611 KB · Views: 127
   / hydraulic hoses replacement? #10  
Is there any rule of thumb on what hydraulic hoses should cost? I realize there is much variation, but everytime I buy some they seem expensive.