Hydraulic Problems

/ Hydraulic Problems #1  

NutoJD

Tractor
John Deere 3320 w/Cab
I just bought a used 2008 JD 3320 w/Cab, it has 1100 hours. I learned two things the hard way, when changing the hydraulic oil to always put a new o-ring on the oil filter cap. It is easier then dumping 7 gallons of brand new oil out and straining it to save $200. (And clean the fill plug ), witch is also the vent to the transmission. After changing the oil the first time, the hydraulics chattered very bad. Coulded find any info. on what was going on. The dealer didn't even have an answer. After refilling the trans., I left the fill cap off and the hydraulics worked fine . I then realized the cap doubles as a vent for the transmission as well. I then cleaned mine with brake clean. I hope this saves someone the greef I just went threw.

/ Hydraulic Problems #2  
Welcome to TBN. And thanks for the good suggestion about the o-ring. So the plugged vent cap caused the chatter.
Will keep that in mind.
Now enjoy that 3320 w/cab. Sometimes wish I had a cab tractor, until those days that the open air platform makes tractoring a joy to behold. :):)