Hydraulic pump leakdown on 5M's.

/ Hydraulic pump leakdown on 5M's. #11  
It seems to me that a lot of John Deere dealers have an attitude problem. They seem to think they have no competition and customers have to go to them so they think they can get away with anything. Hopefully that will change as there are a lot of other tractor manufacturers out there that build the same quality of equipment with better dealers.

/ Hydraulic pump leakdown on 5M's.
It seems to me that a lot of John Deere dealers have an attitude problem. They seem to think they have no competition and customers have to go to them so they think they can get away with anything. Hopefully that will change as there are a lot of other tractor manufacturers out there that build the same quality of equipment with better dealers.

I won't argue with that... I guess they work "over backwards" for the folk's that buy those $300,000 4x4 BigWheels and the $275,000 PopCorn makers; so, they don't have to spend a lot of effort with Mom and Pop and their 20hp lawn tractor!

Still no word at all from my local dealer about the reason(s) for the hydraulic problem with my 5075M or how they're planning to fix it.

Tomorrow will be 12 days and counting...

AKfish

/ Hydraulic pump leakdown on 5M's. #13  
That sucks AK. I figured they would have had some sort of update for you by now, especially being that their "lead techs" are now back in the shop.

Gonna stop in for a chat today. See if they've done "anything" at all! If they haven't filed a warranty report with Deere at the very least - I'm gonna start a "conversation" with the Regional rep - ASAP.

AKfish

/ Hydraulic pump leakdown on 5M's. #15  
Sounds like your guys might be worse than my guys! Up until a couple weeks ago my dealership had the 110 longer than I had! It does suck though, hopefully they can get something figured out quickly:thumbsup:

/ Hydraulic pump leakdown on 5M's. #16  
Sounds like your guys might be worse than my guys! Up until a couple weeks ago my dealership had the 110 longer than I had! It does suck though, hopefully they can get something figured out quickly:thumbsup:

I guess all our guys are BAD! Not bad @ss but terrible.

I guess all our guys are BAD! Not bad @ss but terrible.

It really comes down to a business philosophy... you take care of your customer's - and they'll take care of you! 99% of the time!

And, you don't have to grind away to get a 20% profit on EVERY tractor that goes out the door; 'cause you'll sell 100 and not just 10!

AKfish

Well, the shop foreman hasn't had a chance to run the necessary tests in order to complete the diagnostics needed to meet the requirements that Deere requires for a warranty repair submission.

Deere requires that you investigate A, B, C, etc. before they'll sign off on paying for any warranty repair.

That's how it should be...

The local guys are in the middle of new equipment deliveries, too. Bobcat skid-steers, excavators, Komatsu dozers and new JD tractors, CUT's and lawn tractors. They all have to be set up, go through a run-up and detailed for the floor.

Lot's of work!

Gonna chill... everything works out.

He did say that JD's "end-point" solution was a new hydraulic pump for the kind of hydraulic problem that the tractor has. We'll see.

AKfish

/ Hydraulic pump leakdown on 5M's. #19  
Well, the shop foreman hasn't had a chance to run the necessary tests in order to complete the diagnostics needed to meet the requirements that Deere requires for a warranty repair submission.

Deere requires that you investigate A, B, C, etc. before they'll sign off on paying for any warranty repair.

That's how it should be...

The local guys are in the middle of new equipment deliveries, too. Bobcat skid-steers, excavators, Komatsu dozers and new JD tractors, CUT's and lawn tractors. They all have to be set up, go through a run-up and detailed for the floor.

Lot's of work!

Gonna chill... everything works out.

He did say that JD's "end-point" solution was a new hydraulic pump for the kind of hydraulic problem that the tractor has. We'll see.

AKfish

If you had it to do over would you still buy out of state? I could be wrong but it sounds like your dealers put you on the back burner. I almost did the same thing as you (same co. you bought from) but decided against it. They were actually cheaper by 4% too. Turns out I had a steering issue about 2 weeks ago and my dealer, a local guy picked it up and had it back in 6 days. (Bad steering ram.) Can honestly say that if I had bought the tractor out of state I belive they'd still have it.

Just wondering if you (honestly) had any regrets. Is it still worth it?

If you had it to do over would you still buy out of state? I could be wrong but it sounds like your dealers put you on the back burner. I almost did the same thing as you (same co. you bought from) but decided against it. They were actually cheaper by 4% too. Turns out I had a steering issue about 2 weeks ago and my dealer, a local guy picked it up and had it back in 6 days. (Bad steering ram.) Can honestly say that if I had bought the tractor out of state I belive they'd still have it.

Just wondering if you (honestly) had any regrets. Is it still worth it?

I'd have to guess that you've never read about the decision process I went through to buy both of my last tractors.

That's OK... Too much on here to ever begin to keep up!

The local guys were more than $6,000 higher than the dealer I bought the tractor from - FOB Alaska. I offered to split the difference and "eat" the $3,000 loss. They wouldn't budge.

Same scenario when I bought my 110. Just over $6K difference. However, that was FOB - Seattle at the time. Fuel, lodging, etc - I figured I could do the whole thing myself for ~$2,500. But, I offered to split the difference. No can do...

Behavior... business or otherwise doesn't change unless there's a strong incentive to do so. Rolling over and "rewarding" the local dealership with buying from them irregardless of the rest of the marketplace is not very sensible - IMO.

No.... we're gonna be "wrestling" in the mud on this difference in perspective's for some time!

It's very likely that I'll be in the market for another tractor in the next couple of years. I want another cab tractor. Probably go with a 4720 - I'm thinking.

We'll see where/who will sell me that one.. won't be holdin' my breath on the local dealer!

AKfish