Hydraulic pump leakdown on 5M's.

/ Hydraulic pump leakdown on 5M's.
Talked with the the part's guy today. All my parts are here; except a new hyd. hardline. According to the shipping manifest, it's supposed to be here on Thursday.

Hoping they'll be able to get started before the weekend! :thumbsup:

Gonna drop in on Friday and have the shop foreman give me the rundown on what they're going to replace and why.... according to the Deere reps.

I'll post with the information.

AKfish

Should get my 5075M back from the local JD dealership early this next week. They're going to replace the filter, pump and lube pump housing assembly and the dual hydraulic (steering/implement) pump.

No idea yet on why the pump would not charge or maintain prime. Shop guys thought maybe a faulty casting or a small crack in the housing assembly. They're hoping to find an answer by Monday afternoon.

AKfish

/ Hydraulic pump leakdown on 5M's. #33  
Should get my 5075M back from the local JD dealership early this next week. They're going to replace the filter, pump and lube pump housing assembly and the dual hydraulic (steering/implement) pump.

No idea yet on why the pump would not charge or maintain prime. Shop guys thought maybe a faulty casting or a small crack in the housing assembly. They're hoping to find an answer by Monday afternoon.

AKfish

Hope you get the tractor fixed, I bet you miss it at your house :D. One of my employees was driving the 5420 at the farm that you said that has no stones/rocks in it. He was driving close to a shoulder on the driveway that has some bush about 2 feet tall and rocks and stones. The front left tire got punctured and the hydraulic filter. :confused2: $45 for the filter and $75 for 10 Liters of oil. :( Not sure to get a new tire or fix it. Its in pretty rough condition.

Hope you get the tractor fixed, I bet you miss it at your house :D. One of my employees was driving the 5420 at the farm that you said that has no stones/rocks in it. He was driving close to a shoulder on the driveway that has some bush about 2 feet tall and rocks and stones. The front left tire got punctured and the hydraulic filter. :confused2: $45 for the filter and $75 for 10 Liters of oil. :( Not sure to get a new tire or fix it. Its in pretty rough condition.

Thanks, Edward. Yeah, I do miss it! They've had it for 6 weeks, now! I should have/could have gotten most of my rototilling done by now.. And finished alot of the work on the roof covering for the 35'x60' greenhouse. :mad:

Sounds like when the tire went down - he went down on the edge of the ditch (or in the ditch) - and that's when the hydraulic filter took a hit!! :eek: Good thing he got it stopped and shut down.

AKfish

/ Hydraulic pump leakdown on 5M's. #35  
Thanks, Edward. Yeah, I do miss it! They've had it for 6 weeks, now! I should have/could have gotten most of my rototilling done by now.. And finished alot of the work on the roof covering for the 35'x60' greenhouse. :mad:

Sounds like when the tire went down - he went down on the edge of the ditch (or in the ditch) - and that's when the hydraulic filter took a hit!! :eek: Good thing he got it stopped and shut down.

AKfish

Problem it wasn't a ditch, it was a friggin' side boarder. Geesh, I should consider hiring better workers. Well I'd say they're alright...

I could possibly haul the 6430 Premium and C250 for you to use.. Wait.. I cant, dealer still owes me weights, stabilizer bars and that beacon... :mad: Without that the nose would be kicking up and it would be shifting right and left. :confused2:

Problem it wasn't a ditch, it was a friggin' side boarder. Geesh, I should consider hiring better workers. Well I'd say they're alright...

I could possibly haul the 6430 Premium and C250 for you to use.. Wait.. I cant, dealer still owes me weights, stabilizer bars and that beacon... :mad: Without that the nose would be kicking up and it would be shifting right and left. :confused2:

Probably a college-kid.... 'bout 22 with long blonde hair and sun-tanned legs and barely-there tank top!! :D

Heck, the tilling I need to do - I wouldn't have to run over 1,500 rpm. No worry on nose goin' up or tractor jerking sideways! :thumbsup:

So, we could just add on those options when I bring it back down.... ;)

AKfish

My tractor's finally back home! After 37 days... it's fixed - I hope! They replaced the dual hyd pump and a newly designed lube pump/filter housing.

Lead mechanic's comment was - Deere screwed up! So, they provided a newly designed housing. Looks very, very similar to the 5085M, etc. housing.

AKfish

/ Hydraulic pump leakdown on 5M's. #38  
:thumbsup:........Good News AK

/ Hydraulic pump leakdown on 5M's. #39  
Did they extend your warranty 37 days?