Hydraulic rotator

/ Hydraulic rotator #21  
Hey I can probably be over at Luke's in an hour, I'll save you a long drive:drink:

But if he ships it to me I wouldn't have a long drive

/ Hydraulic rotator #22  
Slash,
It's funny those times when you realize you have reached a different place in your life... That thing is freaking heavy! $100 ain't going to get me to lug it around. Besides, I want to play with it. :drink:

I dont know of any good uses for such a rotator. Dont pay any attention to any links that might be posted
https://www.benmeadows.com/kena-log...0378!&ef_id=VeDMMgAABQaPSngk:20171116014120:s

Hultdins Short Log Grapple on John Deere Excavator - YouTube

/ Hydraulic rotator #23  
Dude Steve you rock! I certainly will call them. Thank you.

Man you are most welcome. Hardest part was figuring out "Kinshofer" from the data plate & markings on the housing. (Then trying to google "german hydraulics" and find companies with names that looked like they may fit LOL).

Hopefully they will be able to help you out.

/ Hydraulic rotator #24  
I know nothing about these. Why 4 lines? What should I be concerned about? Just looking for a little education.

Luke,
Is the lifting hook welded onto the lower stub shaft? I suspect that this was originally set up to have two ports for the rotate function and then two connections on the lower rotating stub shaft for an auxiliary function like clam shell grapple.

/ Hydraulic rotator
Luke,
Is the lifting hook welded onto the lower stub shaft? I suspect that this was originally set up to have two ports for the rotate function and then two connections on the lower rotating stub shaft for an auxiliary function like clam shell grapple.

I'm not smart enough to know which is the lower stub end. :D

There are plugged ports down low on that end which I now assume are for a rotatable auxiliary function. I plan to call about schematics tommorow. You can see one in the first pic.

/ Hydraulic rotator #27  
I am wondering if that rotator is a full 360* rotator. Some of the older stuff wont do a full 360 degree spin and hoses for aux functions are plumbed using lines going all the way to the other function instead of passing thru the rotator. These types are not as desireable, (well as least not too me), as the full 360 rotator models as you have to be very careful using them so as to not wind your hoses up in a knot. It it has 4 hose connections at the top and then two connections at the bottom, then it should be a pass thru design. I can only see two hoses at the top in the picture, doesnt mean the other two ports are not there or that they are there and maybe just plugged. I passed on a complete grapple assembly for $200 before buying my rotator because it wouldnt rotate a full 360*, plus it was way bigger than what I needed or wanted.

/ Hydraulic rotator
So I have been unable to break these bolts. Including with the nearly new Impact driver in the pic and propane heat (don't have OA right now)...
IMG_20171119_132516043-2268x3024.jpg

So looked on FB garage sale page and bought all of this along with some 1/2" hose for $150 total...
IMG_20171119_132425523-3024x2268.jpg

I will report back. I think I need to play the lottery. And yes I have enough compressor.

/ Hydraulic rotator
Yup, that did the trick. Much more manageable weight now too.

IMG_20171119_172311323-3024x2268.jpg

Fittings look to be some kind of ORB to JCB. The partial manual I got is nearly all in German and the bolts were metric so I was happy to see what I think are JIC fittings (haven't looked closely yet).