Hydraulics and heat

/ Hydraulics and heat
Duplicate

/ Hydraulics and heat
Info on the flow divider.
Webtec - Hydraulics - 2FV2V (Variable priority flow divider valve)

I'm thinking about adjusting it to see what happens. It appears to be on the max setting.
IMG_0264.jpg

Last edited:
   / Hydraulics and heat #23  
If in fact the attachment is a closed center hyd system, the closed center relief will be on most of the time.

A true closed center control valve doesn't need a relief valve as pressure can only get as high as set by stroke control valve in hyd pump.

/ Hydraulics and heat #24  
I don't 175 is to hot, I would ask the dealer. I wouldn't be to concerned unless it went over 200
I agree. Rule of thumb is 100 degrees above ambient temp.

/ Hydraulics and heat
This isnt the best drawing, and AutoCAD crashed before I could save to a better format. Does this look like your machine?

View attachment 447857

I believe it is. I'm not familiar with the symbol for the 3rd valve which also goes to a cylinder but I believe the plumbing layout is correct. I appreciate you taking the time to do that.

I am still trying to figure out what to do at this point. I'm considering adding a pto pump, tank and valve to the machine so it has it's own hydraulic system. That way I can get a valve with adjustable flow to hopefully prevent the heat issue since the flow divider that was installed did not have an effect. I tried adjusting the flow divider today with no noticeable difference in oil temp or machine performance. It was only 15 outside and oil was still close to 200 when running the machine with the farmall.

/ Hydraulics and heat #28  
Hmm. It's made to go on a tractor so I just assumed it was open center. I'll have to do some research on that one.

What J_J said. A CC valve properly plumbed into an OC circuit will have the system in bypass when that valve isn't being operated.

CC systems use an 'unloader' to manage flow at full pressure (a pilot operated valve that can 'dump' full flow back to tank when all system valves are 'closed').

IMO, neither an OC's relief valve, a flow divider, or both will necessarily accommodate full pump flow if the operating valves are mismatched. (eg: CC used in OC system) :2cents:

/ Hydraulics and heat #29  
CC systems use an 'unloader' to manage flow at full pressure (a pilot operated valve that can 'dump' full flow back to tank when all system valves are 'closed').

CC hyd systems that I'm familiar with(JD) have a stroke control valve that when set pressure(known as stand-by) is reached CC pump simply stops pumping oil IE there is no flow to "dump" back to tank

/ Hydraulics and heat #30  
CC hyd systems that I'm familiar with(JD) have a stroke control valve that when set pressure(known as stand-by) is reached CC pump simply stops pumping oil IE there is no flow to "dump" back to tank

OP has JCB IIRC, if it's the same as JD's setup. (btw, there's is plenty of non-vehicular application out there ..)

I would expect stroke-controlled pump/system to generate the least heat if valves/system are mixed up (no bypass) but I'd still want to be sure they're matched up right.

(Gets confusing if the JCB is OC vs CC ...)