/ Hydraulikkproblem #1  

arildony

Tractor
DB 885 1974 mod
Får ikle senket hevearmer og krok

/ Hydraulikkproblem #4  
Får ikle senket hevearmer og krok
So "May not lower raise arms and hook"?
Sounds like a 3 point hitch issue, few (if any) of us read Norwegian though, so if you can post in English that would get you more assistance.

Høres ut som et 3-punkts problem, men få (om noen) av oss leser norsk, så hvis du kan poste på engelsk, vil det gi deg mer hjelp.

Aaron Z

/ Hydraulikkproblem #5  
@arildony If the tractor is a David Brown 885 (as your profile lists), do you have the hydraulic block by the right rear wheel?
Is your tractor a Implematic or a Selectamatic?

The one on the 880UE Implematic we used to have looked like this:
IMG_20191109_161742595.jpg

There is a valve for the 3 point, external remote and a spare, if the one for the 3 point is closed you will not get ANY flow to the 3 point to raise it up.
On the left side (again, assuming that it is similar to our 880 is a rate of drop valve, that will keep the 3 point from lowering:
IMG_20191109_161746319.jpg

There is also (on the Implematic at least) their rube Goldberg collection of connections inside that connect the valve to the lever.
Great when it works, difficult to troubleshoot when it doesn't.
Some manuals that may help you: David Brown Tractor Service Manual 770 - 1412 (complete) - Google Drive

Parts breakdowns (for the US market version at least) can be found on the Messicks website: Case IH 885 - DAVID BROWN SELECTAMATIC TRACTOR(01/71 - 12/76) Parts Diagrams

Aaron Z

/ Hydraulikkproblem #6  
For min del har jeg kjørt med for nye vann i hydraulikk oljen, så jeg er redd hev og senke hendelen og tilhørende ventiler er rustet eller korrodert.
Og at det har ført til at løfte armene ikke vil stå i løftet stilling.
Pluss at manøver spaken ikke kan beveges mer en liten centimeter.

Jeg skal skifte hydraulikk olje, og kanskje åpne lokket over bakaksel å pusse og gjøre rent, og se etter slitasje.

Lurer på om noe lignende kan skape problemer for deg.

Hilsen Kåre
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For my part, I have driven with too much water in the hydraulic oil, so I am afraid that the raising and lowering lever and associated valves are rusted or corroded.

And that it has led to raising the arms not wanting to stay in the raised position.

Plus the maneuvering lever cannot be moved more than a small centimeter.

I'm going to change the hydraulic oil, and perhaps open the lid over the rear axle to brush and clean, and check for wear.

Wondering if something similar could cause problems for you.

Regards, Kåre

/ Hydraulikkproblem #7  
@karevestby
Drain the hydraulic oil, then check underneath, just in front of the back axle is a circular pan that can be removed, the hydraulic suction strainer is under that, you will want to open that up and clean that out. Mine was plugged with water/oil sludge:
Screenshot_20230904-203907-754.png

I would also remove the top plate (that the shifters stick out of) and clean the inside of the gearbox, mine was nasty:
IMG_20191016_224403928.jpg

My 3 point lever was stiff here (#42): Case IH 885 - DAVID BROWN SELECTAMATIC TRACTOR(01/71 - 12/76) Parts Diagrams
Screenshot_20230904-204415-979.png

Here is the thread from my repairs: 1965 David Brown 880UE Implematic/Livedrive Refurbishing

Aaron Z

Last edited:
   / Hydraulikkproblem #8  
Forgot to mention, for the top cover and suction strainer gaskets if they are bad/missing, you can replace them with RTV or some other liquid gasket maker.

Aaron Z

/ Hydraulikkproblem #9  
@karevestby sorry, just realized that you were a different person, I was replying on my phone and missed that.
Same principles apply, clean off the suction strainer and replace the shifter boots (the most likely source of water intrusion) before refilling with new oil.

Aaron Z

/ Hydraulikkproblem #10  
Hello Aron Z.
Understand and thats ok. I just thougt @arildony had been lazy like me, with oil change too. I got a litle strugle with to much water in oil. Doing change these days.

Kåre V