I am so easy. . .

/ I am so easy. . . #23  
I've been married 57 years. Being teenagers, we were quite poor the first few years and on our first Christmas I bought her a new vacuum cleaner. Knowing we couldn't afford anything extravagant, she at least pretended to be pleased. The next year when I got her a washing machine she was less than thrilled. The third year I bought her jewelry. Not her type. She never wore it. She wasn't happy about the bathing suit and dress I got her the next year. For years after that, she told me what she wanted in advance. A few years later she started buying her own presents and told me what I bought her.

I always got practical things. A wristwatch (I never wore one), an electric shaver (I never used it) A hedge trimmer (I butchered some hedges) A pair of nice dress shoes (I wore them to one funeral) Earphones for my computer (because the noise bothered her) A Panama hat (Ha!) A wallet that could hold 120 photos (But couldn't fit in my pocket) A pink snorkeling mask (You can guess what I did with that) and many other highly valued gifts.

The last few years we have been getting cruises for Christmas, birthdays, Mother and Father's Day and some other days. We are quite satisfied with that because we now have just about everything we want and enjoy being on vacation letting someone else do all the work.

/ I am so easy. . . #24  
If we don't know what to get someone, or if we really like them, doesn't matter, we'll pick up this locally made concoction/treat. It's sold at all local grocery stores, drug stores, etc. seasonally.

I just bought eight boxes to give out to friends and relatives. I do it every year and they really enjoy it.

/ I am so easy. . . #25  
First - Beowolf - kudos to your wife

Second - Dirttoys - Are you still married ? Wonder is she says you're a keeper (just kidding). Gutsy to military sleeping bag. Hope you put something nice down in the toe ball.

3rd Jstpssng - I'm with you.

We Americans have so much - we on this forum compared to other Americans. Almost all Americans compared to so many in other parts of the world.
For receiving - a consumable - bottle of wine, cheese, etc. We all have everything we want.
For giving - see above. But for others - the needy, or someone you know who's not as well off as you. Surprise a favorite waiter. Overwhelm the children in the humble house down the street. Coat the palm of a favorite musician (they never make enough to cover the costs of their learning and practicing). Make the day for someone NOT driving a Mercedes, but someone driving an old beat up Chevy. For children, it's all about receiving.
If you're reading this - it's all about giving.
Oh yea she is a blessing:) I feel pretty clever about the sleeping bag but........ last year I got a beer mug that said "Honey I am sorry about what I said to you when you were trying to back up the boat" so she gets her jabs in as well!

Best,

ed