I broke it again.

/ I broke it again. #21  
Is the 425 more stable? I bought this 2422 with trailer and 9 attachments for around 5,000 dollars and not sure if they would work with a bigger unit or not.
The non-backhoe versions have a lower center of gravity, so they are less likely to tip for a given model (e.g. 422 vs 2422). Others here, like you, probably have a much better idea than I do about what slope is the actual limit. I think that my 1445 is fine at 20 degrees, 25 is my personal limit (because of those gopher holes and rocks), but on a smooth side slope I have had it higher. My recollection is that the Deutz engines will take 30 and with some adjustments, 45 degrees. I believe the 22 and 25HP gasoline engines have a lower side slope limit. @MossRoad probably knows off the top of his head.

My bad: I thought your machine was a 2425. I don't have a 425, but I think that the 425 (T8) and the 422 (H8) share the same attachment plate sizes.

All the best,

Peter

/ I broke it again.
The non-backhoe versions have a lower center of gravity, so they are less likely to tip for a given model (e.g. 422 vs 2422). Others here, like you, probably have a much better idea than I do about what slope is the actual limit. I think that my 1445 is fine at 20 degrees, 25 is my personal limit (because of those gopher holes and rocks), but on a smooth side slope I have had it higher. My recollection is that the Deutz engines will take 30 and with some adjustments, 45 degrees. I believe the 22 and 25HP gasoline engines have a lower side slope limit. @MossRoad probably knows off the top of his head.

My bad: I thought your machine was a 2425. I don't have a 425, but I think that the 425 (T8) and the 422 (H8) share the same attachment plate sizes.

All the best,

Peter

My machine originally was a 2422. Terry told me that if you put the 25 hp in it it becomes a 2425 that’s the only difference between the two, at least I was told that by Terry. Mine is a 2001 year model and has had modifications the seats different the covers different and the batteries put to the outside instead of down in the box behind the engine. I know these have a pretty low center of gravity but when you’re on a slope and you’re turning and you hit a hole, they do tend to get off-balance quick. When I’m working on the slopes, I usually keep my bucket as close to the ground as I can that way in case it does try to tilt I can drop my bucket and keep it from turning over Also, when working on a slope, I put most of my weight in my bucket to the uphill side so it’s pulling my machine towards the uphill instead of the downhill acting as a counterbalance.

/ I broke it again. #23  
   / I broke it again. #24  
   / I broke it again. #26  
Is the 425 more stable? I bought this 2422 with trailer and 9 attachments for around 5,000 dollars and not sure if they would work with a bigger unit or not.i think the 2422 is bigger than the 425, i actually have the 25 hp engine which makes mine a 2425. But to go bigger means all my attachments would have to go as well.
The 425 is shorter, and the driver's seat is attached to the front section of the machine. It has 2' less lift height than your machine. No way to put backhoe on it.

IMG_3886.png IMG_3885.png

PT-425 Specifications​

•Weight: 1,387 lbs.•Width: 45”•Height: 71”•Length: 90” (from front tire to rear of machine)•Speed: 0-8 mph variable •PTO: 8GPM @ 2,500 PSI•Frame: 3/16” to 3/8” steel plate•Fuel Tank: 5 gallon capacity•Hydraulic Oil Tank: 10 gallon 10W40•Lift Capacity: 800 lbs•Lift Height: 5’•Outside Turning Radius: 95”•Inside Turning Radius: 37”•Wheel Base: 56”•ROPS: standard

2425 Tractor Specifications​

•Weight w/o backhoe: 1,725 lbs.•Weight w/ backhoe: 2,130 lbs.•Speed: 0-8 mph•Tires: 23-10:50x12•Ground Clearance: 8”•Frame: 3/16” to 1/2” Steel Plate•Height: 83”•Width: 45”•Length: 83”•PTO: 8GPM @ 2,500 PSI•Fuel Tank: 5 gallon•Hydraulic Oil Tank: 5 Gallon 10W40•Lift Capacity: 800 lbs.•Lift Height: 7’•Inside Turning Radius: 45”•Outside Turning Radius: 94”•Wheel Base: 56”•ROPS: Standard

2425 Backhoe Specifications​

•Reach: 8’4”•Breakout Force (bucket curl): 2,500 lbs.•Digging Depth: 6’•Bucket Widths: 9”, 12”•Swing: 60° both directions•Outrigger: vertical slide

/ I broke it again. #27  
I know these have a pretty low center of gravity but when you’re on a slope and you’re turning and you hit a hole, they do tend to get off-balance quick.
The 24 series machines do not have a low center of gravity, only the 14 series.
Look at pics of the 425, 1430 through 1460 and you may notice the engine is low and between the wheels. On the 2425 the engine is above the wheels with the operator sitting on top of that, and the loader arms are higher and longer (increases the lift height spec).

Life is short, since you rolled your machine more then once, if it were me I would sell it and take the money and buy the low profile version, you will be amazed on the stability. Or dual wheels will help, but machine will be wider.

/ I broke it again. #28  
I just try to use it to its maximum potential
I’m not sure if you’re a “how to” promotion for PT or a “never try this at home” :ROFLMAO:

/ I broke it again. #30  
I had problems mowing a slope with a Gravely walk behind when the single wheels would drop into groundhog holes. Added dual wheels and that helped a lot. With your access to fabrication at very reasonable prices, you might think about duals. Certainly cheaper than the ER.