I can't believe they did it !

/ I can't believe they did it ! #11  
I really can't ! Someone climbed my fence, walked 350ft, in total darkness (between 11:00pm - 5:30 am) got into my vehicle this past sat night.
I usually leave my vehicles unlocked because I have fence around my property and gated drive.

I can't believe they would risk their life for no more than they took

They only took. a bottle of zantac and a phone charger.

left behind about 25 556 rounds, a small bag with various tools, a pack of C batteries, a roll of copper tubing, and about $3.00 of change in the cup holder.

What they left behind was worth more than what they took.

for what ever reason, they left a descent knife in the driver seat.

I now have installed cameras around the house. When /if they return, I will get an alert in the home/ on my phone.

As Mr. T use to say..... ''I pity the fool" that I catch on my property uninvited

I suggest that you check the Castle Doctrine law in your state before doing anything hasty. There's a big difference between shooting someone who forcibly enters your home at night, and some punk rummaging through your empty vehicle for chump change. Like I said...just a suggestion...

/ I can't believe they did it ! #12  
Geeze - 38 years out here and this has never happened. I have always though it's probably because of my very long driveway into my property. Plus - the driveway is the only way in/out of my property. Just glad it has never happened - I know what my first reaction would be and it wouldn't be good.

I've been here 14 years.

Never has the car been locked, and it's about 100 yards from the road on the gravel drivway to my house and never has anyone stole anything from me.

Up about 5 miles off a semi rural major road from my place, heard that some people have tried at a friends driveway, but not off the beaten path so to speak.

Generally speaking, we're only 30 mintues outside a large city (for our standards), and I think when the below news makes the headlines, people understand that "out in the country" you aren't going to get away to easy if you try to break the law and rob someone....

Authorities identify home invasion suspect shot to death at Lewisville home | Local News | journalnow.com

/ I can't believe they did it ! #13  
Sorry this happened.
I live in a rural area in NM outside of a big city, we have a lot of property crime around us but not at my house after 20yrs.
What I do is run paranoid, it sucks but it works.
I lock up everything, I mean everything!
Tractor in a shipping container with multiple cut resistant locks of different types.
Tools in a shed with multiple cut resistant locks of different types.
All vehicles locked every time.
Security cameras on the house, shed and tractor shed.
Security motion sensing lights.
Alarm on the house.
Two acres fenced with 5ft high fence locked.
Oh, and a big dog.
Neighbors who watch my house and we watch thiers.
yes it sucks to live this way, wish I could live like my spouse's parents did when I meant them 30yrs ago in small town OK, cars were not locked and the front door on their house was open most of the time and never locked!

But, the world has changed around us and I'm afraid you may have to take more precautions for your property and personal safety.

Very sad but reality.

Good luck.

/ I can't believe they did it ! #14  
I suggest that you check the Castle Doctrine law in your state before doing anything hasty. There's a big difference between shooting someone who forcibly enters your home at night, and some punk rummaging through your empty vehicle for chump change. Like I said...just a suggestion...

Good suggestion. Make sure your story matches requirements of the law. If you do aim a gun at someone, make sure your story is the ONLY story.
I think in most states you'd be justified if the punk you find rummaging through your car came at you with a weapon. If it's was a knife, make sure it doesn't match the other steak knives in your cutlery drawer.

/ I can't believe they did it ! #15  
Great advice,local guy shot 2 guys breaking into his car outside both are dead.The home owner is now serving a 40 year sentence.Not that I agree with but that is world live in.

/ I can't believe they did it ! #16  
Great advice,local guy shot 2 guys breaking into his car outside both are dead.The home owner is now serving a 40 year sentence.Not that I agree with but that is world live in.

Almost makes you want to take care of the bodies and not call anyone.

/ I can't believe they did it ! #17  
And I would add, talking about shooting someone and doing it is totally different. I'm afraid bravado talk can possibly put a man in a position that he absolutely does not want to be in.

Sorry for your invasion.

/ I can't believe they did it ! #18  
Thieves can do odd things. Our company camp was broken into one weekend in January. All that they took was a mini-mag flashlight and a 6 pack of Gatorade. They even pulled the door shut behind them, so that the camp didn't freeze up. I went up on Monday morning, unlocked both locks and didn't even realize anything was up until I saw the deadbolt on the floor. The following Monday when I went up there was a frozen six pack of Gatorade next to the door.
Another occasion I found a pocketbook on the side of the road. It was awkward going through it, but I was able to find the owner and return it to her. it had been stolen while at a dance; yet there was still a ten dollar bill in it.

/ I can't believe they did it !

I never said anything about shooting someone. They did have a knife with them. A knife is considered armed with a deadly weapon.. Just saying

/ I can't believe they did it !
Next time you will get to enjoy grainy night photos of the person(S) doing it all again!

The day pictures are great. night pictures not so much.
I was home asleep when this happened.I bought the cameras to sound an alarm to me inside more than anything else. I really don't care about the pictures