I feel really good about this...

/ I feel really good about this... #1  

Anonymous Poster

Which is likely proof that I am indeed insane! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

My guess is many of you know about my decision to buy a little brother for my B2910.

My zero percent financing was approved by Kubota, and so my dealer is getting a BX2200 with 60 inch MMM, block heater and heavy duty alternator on order for me today.

Price was a little higher that expected, at $10,500, but right now around here it is a seller's market.

Also got a Woods BB60CW brush hog coming for the B2910...

I think I am doing it right, as I am 56 and expect to use these tractors for the rest of my life.

I'm transitioning into the buy it once for the rest of your life mode I guess. Something that doesn't work when you are 30....

Yep....I fell pretty good about this...thanks for everyone's input. Helped make the decision easier!

/ I feel really good about this... #3  
It must the the life timer! I have found myself telling my wife the same thing about my buying things for life now. Just can't keep working to buy things, it's getting to be time to buy less and play more. You said it well.

BTW, I'm 53

Mike

/ I feel really good about this...
You know, the way I look at it is...when you are young, you start counting from zero...so thinking that way I'm 56...

But after you pass the half way point, you perhaps need to starting thinking towards the end point. If 100 years is the end point...then I am now 46...feels better already! Next year I'll be 45!

One never knows when the end will come...but it doesn't hurt to be optimistic!

[I'm really confused at the moment...I thought someone asked what a henro was...here is the answer but I don;t knw where the question is...]

A henro is a person who walked the ancient pilgrimage route around the Japanese Island of Shiklku. I did this last spring. Around 900 miles of walking over six weeks...not really sure if I qualify as a Henro or not, since for me religion was not a part of it....but I think of myself as a henro anyway....

[actually I guess using my logic AND correct math I am really 44... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif]

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My zero percent financing was approved by Kubota, and so my dealer is getting a BX2200 with 60 inch MMM, block heater and heavy duty alternator on order for me today.)</font>

Good for you, Henro! I just wonder why you bothered with the block heater? Unless, of course, you have special grass that grows all winter? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">(

Good for you, Henro! I just wonder why you bothered with the block heater? Unless, of course, you have special grass that grows all winter? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )</font>

Well....I don't have a lot of driveway and using the b2910 to clean the snow off that and the parking works fine...but if I had a little snow blower for the FRONT of the bx...well...that might be nice in the future.

Now I'm not sayin' that I would ever go THAT far...

Block heaters are cheap anyway, and if I want to use the bx in the winter well...better just to get it now than install it myself later...

/ I feel really good about this... #7  
Two butt cheeks and two tractors, makes sense to me.

Made your life easier? It is worth it.

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ I feel really good about this... #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Well....I don't have a lot of driveway and using the b2910 to clean the snow off that and the parking works fine...but if I had a little snow blower for the FRONT of the bx...well...that might be nice in the future. )</font>

You're always thinking, aren't you! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ I feel really good about this... #9  
<font color="blue">

You're always thinking, aren't you! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font>

Unfortunately, my brain is like my mouth most of the time...gets me in trouble more than it helps! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

6 pm in Pgh on July 4th...boy is it raining hard!

Hope your 4th is drier than ours!

Bill in Pgh, PA more or less...

/ I feel really good about this... #10  
Block heater/HD Alternator???

So how much is the block heater? I didn't specify that and don't think mine has it. Is it doable to add on?

Why the need for the HD Alternator? If you are running at high idle, I'd think the base unit should power lights
ok. What am I missing?

Thanks.

Ron, (who's the same RonR, but has re-registered four times in the last three days!)