I got a new saw today

/ I got a new saw today #31  
   / I got a new saw today
Hey 94 Bullitt,
Welcome to the STIHL family. I have 4 STIHL's and wouldnt have anything else. MS251, 038, 038 Super and a MS 660 Mag. The 038 and 038 super have over 12,000 cord each on them, and ive always used STIHL mixable engine oil. Never had a minutes problem other than an oiler pump gears wearing out. I run over the 038 with the skidder and had to replace a handle and a few little parts but they are built tough. My 660 i bought in the begining of February, its cut about 100 cord so far, It was a new saw but i think it was 1 year old, never owned or used. A 2014 model was $1184, i got this from my dealer for $ 600 :cool2: with a 25" STIHL bar and full chipper chain. The 42" bar from our big Husky fits my STIHL and handles it better too. Good choice of saws .. . John

Thanks John. This is my 5th Stihl Chainsaw. I also have a MS 170, 024 Super, 034 Super, and a MS 660. I always use the Stihl 2 cycle oil too. When I bought my leaf blower you could double the warranty if you purchased a 6 pack of the hp ultra. I know prefer it, less smoke and less stink. The guy that gave me my 024 (he straight gassed it) gave me some regular Stihl oil. I have been running that in the saws and trimmer trying to use it up so I can go back to the HP ultra.

It sounds like you use your saws a lot. Do you use them for a living? It sounds like the 038 is a tough saw.

My great uncle had a 031 that he wore out 29 chains cutting pulp wood with and it was still running good. His brother wanted it so he told him if he work for him 2 or 3 days he would give it to him. He worked for him one day and he gave him the saw at the end of the day. He never came back and worked for him any more. His brother had it at the saw shop for some reason and the guy that owned the saw shop realized that it was the first Stihl chainsaw he sold and bought it from him. My great uncle tried to buy the saw back from the guy at the saw shop but he wouldn't sell it.

It sounds like you got a Stihl of a deal on the 660. You can't buy a used one for that.

/ I got a new saw today #33  
I thought about getting a Stihl 660, but I have a hard time even challenging my 441. I think I will stay with the 441 as my top saw.

/ I got a new saw today
I thought about getting a Stihl 660, but I have a hard time even challenging my 441. I think I will stay with the 441 as my top saw.

When I got the 660 it was not much more than a 460. I thought if I got the 460 and it did not have the power I wanted i would not be happy so i spent the extra $100 and some dollar and got the 660. The MS 461 is not much less than a 660 now.

I tried the 660 against the 441 yesterday. The 660 was not dull but could be sharper. The 441 had a new chain. They were about dead even in the piece I tired them in. The 660 has a 28'' bar and the 441 had a 25''. It was the same piece that I had in that video I posted in this thread. I think you need to get into something 25-28'' or bigger before the power of the 660 is really beneficial. You can tell the 660 has way more torque than the 441. I got a dual port muffler cover I am going to rework and put on the 660. The exhaust outlet on the 660 muffler is literally about the same size a pencil eraser!

/ I got a new saw today #35  
Nice saw Roger.

Sounds pretty decent. Looks like it starts alot easier than my 562xp

/ I got a new saw today
Nice saw Roger.

Sounds pretty decent. Looks like it starts alot easier than my 562xp

Thanks Jason. So far it seems like it is going to start easy. I took it out today after it had sat since Saturday and it fired up on the first pull and ran great.

The 562XP is a nice looking saw. I think it is the nicest looking saw Husqvarna makes.

/ I got a new saw today
So far I am really liking this saw. I have almost 3 tanks through it. It has started on the first pull every time so far but once. The only bad thing I have to saw about it is loud. It is so loud I am thinking about wearing some kind of hearing protection.

/ I got a new saw today #38  
Nice saw, I'm a 3rd generation Stihl man, love em! My Dad bought me my first in 1987, an 024 Super and it's still going strong, along with the other 8 of em.

/ I got a new saw today
Nice saw, I'm a 3rd generation Stihl man, love em! My Dad bought me my first in 1987, an 024 Super and it's still going strong, along with the other 8 of em.

Thanks. I have a 024 Super too. The guy I got it from bought it new in 1986. I have the receipt, owners manual and warranty paper for it.

/ I got a new saw today #40  
Thanks. I have a 024 Super too. The guy I got it from bought it new in 1986. I have the receipt, owners manual and warranty paper for it.

Fun little saw isn't it, don't you wish saws were still priced that low