I got the Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I got the Covid #51  
Speedy recovery Eddie and Karen as well.

Question.... did either of you have a fever?

/ I got the Covid #52  
I know of one co-worker that had a sore throat, loss of taste, and horrible headache. Work is now testing 100% weekly. 2 people this week had ZERO symptoms. Different for everyone. Wish you the best Eddie.

/ I got the Covid #53  
I think the odds are with you. My daughter and son in law just got over it; they are both middle aged and in good health; they spent a couple days in bed and are hale and hearty now...also friend of mine, age about 55 with diabetes, spent a few days in hospital is home now going strong. Another friend, age 97, just recovered...so, I think the treatments have progressed to the point that even the very elderly are dong well! Get well soon and tell that lovely wife of yours you guys are in out prayers!

/ I got the Covid
Thank you for all the nice comments and encouragement. So far, the toughest part about Covid is the waiting for it to be over.

My first symptom was last Monday, or 8 days ago, and it was the hypersensitivity to smell from that dryer vent. Nothing else bothered me that day, and I was able to get a full day of work in without any other issues. Then next morning, I woke up more tired then normal and that was odd, but not so much that I was going to stay home, or that I even thought I was sick. But while having my coffee, my wife noticed my color was off and she took my temperature. I was at 99.1 She said to stay home, and in just an hour of being awake, I went from being just tired, to achy and fuzzy headed. My temp eventually went up to 99.7 That lasted 2 days, off and on. Everything has been off and on. It would be very easy for me to go outside and do something when I feel better, it's almost like I'm not sick at all, but just a little fatigue. Then it hits me again.

My wife's symptoms have been worse in her diarrhea, but not as bad with the fatigue and achy joints of burning skin. Her diarrhea was bad yesterday, but this morning she says that she feels great. She never had much of a fever, but did sleep quite a bit during the week.

Karen was having some issues with Bronchitis because of her Asthma, but that only lasted for a day and it hasn't been back since then. My breathing is a little raspy, but nothing serious. We have a Pulse Oximeter to measures how much oxygen I'm getting out of my lungs, and I'm always in the 94 to 98% range. If I go below 90, she says I'm going to the hospital. Pulse oximeter: What it measures, how it works, and how to read it

Neither of us has lost the sense of smell or taste.

If we had to get it, now seems to be as good a time as any other time. School is out for Christmas Break, so my wife isn't missing out on anything. I have jobs scheduled, but my clients are very understanding and I have months worth of work waiting on me for when I'm all better, so that's very comforting. I have managed to rethink and then redraw my plans for my goat barn addition to my horse barn. After trying to make it all fit together from m first ideas, I've scrapped that approach completely and come up with a much better plan that I'm very excited about. I'm really wanting to get better so I can start working on this. We added a blue eyed boy to the 9 girls a month ago and the clock is ticking on me having a place for baby goats this Spring!!!

So far, neither of us has been too sick to take care of the animals. We've been ordering stuff online and found that's working out well for everything we need. Friends have volunteered to help us out and we did take them up on picking up ten sacks of feed, which they also unloaded for us, which was huge!!! That will be plenty to get us to the end of the year.

/ I got the Covid #55  
Speedy recovery to both of you. Symptoms are definitely weird but if your in tune with your body you will notice even the slightest changes.

/ I got the Covid #56  
You two are tough , you will survive . Merry Christmas . Kevin .

/ I got the Covid #58  
Thank you for the well wishes.

I just wanted to share what's happening out of boredom and maybe hearing about some of your experiences. I've been going through a lot of youtube and watching more TV in the last week then I have in the last six months. I tire quickly, but if I'm not doing anything, I feel pretty good. Just getting frustrated in not getting anything done. It's extra bad today with temps in the high 60's

Hit all the Andrew Camaratta U-Tubes...they are great.

/ I got the Covid #60  
As others have mentioned, don't try to tough it out by going back to regular life too early. A local tough guy tried that near me and it almost killed him. We all think he would have been fine if he had just rested but he insisted on yard work, roof repair, and other jobs around the property he manages. He ended up in intensive care on a respirator with possible permanent lung damage. I don't think he went to the hospital until at least day 10.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.