I got this stupid idea...

/ I got this stupid idea...
<font color="blue"> Not a bad idea... BUT.....
You can only drive one at a time. Even with that said, I would go with the BX. Or a nice ZTR. Definite that it has lawn duty as first priority.
</font>

riptides,

I think the BX would be better at grass cutting and maneuver [if that is how you spell it] better around the trees and things we have.

Also, at this point in my life I am expecting that whatever I buy if it is good quality will last me a lifetime. A second tractor would cut wear and tear on the first one, so both should last longer...

My lawn is not good enough to justify a ZTR, and probably never will be. Actually, my wife wants me to tear out the good grass and plant short weeds for the geese to eat! Any?one know where to get weed seeds?

I know this is nuts, but next week when it rains [shed roof has first priority right now] I will probably go up to the dealers and tell him to sharpen his pencil and give me a quote.

/ I got this stupid idea... #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Rick, actually, you must not be up to your normal self. I would have expected you to suggest a MMM for the B2910 and at minimum a L3830 as my working tractor. Remember, we have four acres to deal with here! )</font>

You're right...I must be ill. That is a better idea. I'll go check my temperature. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes, Bill...we'd be a dangerous pair indeed!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif But think of all the fun we'd have! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

~Rick

rbarker,

<font color="blue"> Sorry, no 72" mmm for the BX series. 60" is max. The good news is that the 0% is good thru 8/31/03! </font>

Your comment stuck in my mind and i forgot to reply! Shame on me... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I guess I could live with the 60 inch as a MMM on a bx. Too bad there is not a 72 inch, but such is life. Thanks for that info. I actually knew it but forgot it!

<font color="blue"> You're right...I must be ill. That is a better idea. I'll go check my temperature. </font>

Don't worry Rick, I'm sure you will be back to normal in the morning! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lot's of good commentary, Henro. ZTR or BX is the right idea...I think I would choose the BX in this case as it one of the best "cutters" going and it has the added advantage of that 3pt for when it would be convenient for you to use the smaller machine for other tasks around the property. It will fit in places that your larger machine can't get to.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Actually, my wife wants me to tear out the good grass and plant short weeds for the geese to eat! Any?one know where to get weed seeds? )</font>

Aaaah, weed seed! My next new marketing idea!

Actually, instead of finishing final grade on our new house like my wife wants me to do, I'm going to start cutting away at the mound in the photo and start selling it as "Weed Sod"

It's less than an hour for you to Youngstown-- I'll give you a good deal!

Attachments

• 283695-IM000247.JPG
    283695-IM000247.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 90
   / I got this stupid idea... #27  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Spencer,

How dare you even suggest that I abandon my true friend and best helper! Shame on you! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

No, I would not ever consider replacing the b2910 with something smaller. I really would rather have a larger backhoe with a longer reach, to be honest.

BUT...having a little brother to give the mowing chores to would be nice...and probably make both of us happy... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )</font>

Hey, Hey,
I was only trying to save you some money not piss you off!

I should have stated my opinion clearer.

I meant to trade in both your RFM and your present backhoe, not your whole tractor.

What I was saying was that if you could get by with the smaller backhoe on the BX22 then trading in both your current RFM and BH would go a long ways towards the BX purchase.

<font color="blue"> Hey, Hey,
I was only trying to save you some money not piss you off!
</font>

Sorry, guess my tone of voice did not come across even though I included the three grins...

Just joking from this end...little brother to big brother kinda thing...[ shed vs barn... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif ]

Small update...

Today was the third day of social events that had I had the choice I probably would have passed on in favor of working on the shed...

On the way to brunch this morning...was really great by the way...I mentioned to the wife how I might like to take advantage of the Kubota zero percent financing and get a little grass mowing tractor, etc, etc...

To my surprise her response was "will another tractor fit in the shed you are building?"

Hummmm....sounds promising...

Where is that instant face for "yipee!!!" ???

Come to think of it that may be premature...but there seems to be hope... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ I got this stupid idea... #30  
Bill,

Been there, done that!

I now have 1 tractor & 1 machine for mowing. I have some killer hills("the widow maker") to cut and after 4 years my tractor with midmount mower and R4 tires were destroving the lawn on these hills. Needed the R4s for traction but they were tearing up the grass. After going down the steep hill accidentally in 2 wheel drive and crashing through the neighbors fence, my wife has taken pitty on me and gave me the OK for a second machine. Actually, I got 2 new machines and traded in the old tractor with MMM for a new one w/out a MMM. My mower(2nd machine) choice was a Kubota F3060 front mount mower. This thing is the cats meow. Very nice ride, sharp turning, great cut, and 30hp Diesel with very smooth HST. It has a dual-acting overruning 4WD clutch that automatically engages if the front wheels slip. You can also lock it in 4 wheel if you want. The tires are turf and do no damage when going up my hills. It comes with a 60" or 72" mower. You can also put a snowblower on the front if you wish. For my situation the 30hp 4wd was a better option than the BX series. Just thought that it might be something for you to check out.

Jerry