I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor?

/ I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor? #41  
5 acres of grass. Mulching blades on a Scag 61" Zero turn with a 26 hp Kawi. No baffles. Cut it once a week. Takes 4 hours a pass going easy. Kubota too slow and heavy.

/ I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor? #42  
Also a good way to lose your bank account when it gets emptied by an ambulance chaser.
People like that just disappear out here. ;)

/ I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor? #43  
I immediately removed the discharge chute and affixed the cover onto the hole on the Ryobi ZT480e. So many times when I first moved here, I stopped when I saw people mowing with discharge chutes up and advised them to close them, as they could kill someone. Idiots have no idea.

/ I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor? #44  
I immediately removed the discharge chute and affixed the cover onto the hole on the Ryobi ZT480e. So many times when I first moved here, I stopped when I saw people mowing with discharge chutes up and advised them to close them, as they could kill someone. Idiots have no idea.
I think many people do unwise things and when it doesn't kill or maim someone, it 'confirms' for them that it is 'safe'. That happens for as many years as it takes for tragedy to strike. Unfortunately, stopping to 'advise' someone nowadays could be fatal for you. Be safe.

/ I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor? #45  
...and dog poop. I require my renters to pick up ALL the dog poop prior to mowing as I allow pets in my rentals. Nothing worse than dog poop on mower tires.

Sure there is, fresh dog poop...

/ I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor? #46  
If money isn't the issue this is kind of a no brainer. Trade the tractors on a tractor and loader of the size you want and spend at least $6k on a light commercial ZTR. It will have better hydros and you will be happy. Trust me. Mowed with tractors, Garden tractors and ZTRs and I would never go back to tractor mowing. You will also cut your mowing time down if you get a commercial ztr.

/ I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor?
I measured my deck height from the ground it's 1 1/2.

Raise your deck to at least 3” if not more. cutting your grass short only makes a mess and looks bad. And throw away the discharge guard.

Everyone around me cuts there grass short, i mean they look like golf courses. If it turns brown then i don't care it just mean i don't have to waste more time mowing but lately we keep getting rain.

/ I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor? #49  
I measured my deck height from the ground it's 1 1/2.

I hope that's to the bottom of the deck and not the blades. If that is the blade height and your grass isn't a creeper, you're scalping the lawn.

I hope that's to the bottom of the deck and not the blades. If that is the blade height and your grass isn't a creeper, you're scalping the lawn.

Yes it's the bottom on the deck, i don't hit dirt!