I hate grease guns

/ I hate grease guns #21  
GREASE FITTING EXTENSION, GREASE FITTING ADAPTERS, PLUGS, BUSHINGS

Remote Lube Fitting Systems | Remote Grease Fitting | Grease Header Block

These folks have all sorts of grease fittings, elbows, 45's, manifolds, brass extension tubes, etc. I find 75% of the battle is knowing something exists.

A flex hose extender would not be subject to vibration fatigue like a metal tube would be. Feed Line Hose is what they call the flexible lines:
SAE Products® feed line hoses allow lubricant to flow between junction blocks and lubrication points. Made from nylon tubing with a dacron braid and polyurethane cover. Hose end part number SAE-246002 sold separately.
Click here to see how system works.

Great post Dave!!! Thanks!!!

/ I hate grease guns #22  
You could take a grease gun whip hose, and tighten down the coupler down really well on the hard to get to zerk, then replace the seat, and extend the whip hose out to where it is accessible, screw a female 1/8 coupling on to the 1/8 inch male end of the whip, then screw a 1/8 inch NPT zerk into the coupling.. and Bob's your Uncle... you now have a zerk out where you can get to it to pump grease into it... I know a lot of "junk" to get to an un-accessible zerk, but I believe it would work. Isn't my mind a convoluted thing?:laughing:

James --- good ideas. You should be an inventor. I have to ask --- what does "and Bob's your Uncle" mean? Never heard of that phrase!

MoKelly

/ I hate grease guns #24  
James --- good ideas. You should be an inventor. I have to ask --- what does "and Bob's your Uncle" mean? Never heard of that phrase!

MoKelly

You gotta watch those "Deep South" Missourians, they are liable to say anything. ;)

/ I hate grease guns #27  
James is like E.F. Hutton. When he speaks, everyone listens!

Now, who remembers that from loooong ago?

MoKelly

I think James is a very intelligent man. But more importantly, I think he has an awesome memory. So his mental library is a great resource. I, on the other hand, have a retention rate of about one day. :)

/ I hate grease guns #28  
I think James is a very intelligent man. But more importantly, I think he has an awesome memory. So his mental library is a great resource. I, on the other hand, have a retention rate of about one day. :)

I have a lot of useless facts and assorted trash rattling around up there in the old gourd. Once in a great while it is actually helpful.:)

/ I hate grease guns #29  
Some are 1/4-28 as well. And they also make press in types too.

Grease is a necessary evil. Its a messy job and no real clean way to go about it. And storing grease, you always have some of the liquid separate out and leak everywhere. I store my grease guns over the shop trashcan. Hook the handle over the handle over the edge and let whatever drips out, drip in the trashcan.

Never had any issues loading a gun though. But have probably used thousands of tubes. I dont have the storage issues with grease at work as its not uncommon to go through 3 or 4 tubes a week.

I hang one of my grease guns from the overhead door track in my garage and it hangs there for months sometimes between uses and I do not have any problem with the oil separating. I put this down to using a quality product, TRC grease. In fact, the local dealer carried a tube of it on the dash of his truck all one summer just to prove that it wouldn't separate...and it didn't.

/ I hate grease guns #30  
Not sure if separation and quality go hand in hand. Some of the better grease I use IMO, Mobil shc 32 and shc460 are the worst at separation.