---I hate Kubota at times!!!!!!, so long Messick catalogs online...SAD.

/ ---I hate Kubota at times!!!!!!, so long Messick catalogs online...SAD. #1  

sw03

Veteran Member
Just got this email....::mad:

Effective February 16th, Kubota Tractor is forcing Messick Farm Equipment to remove the tractor parts catalogs from our website. While we do not agree with this decision, we have no choice but to comply. We have built a business around providing online parts support to under served customers and we will continue to do so. After this date, please feel free to contact our staff and we will provide you with the unmatched service and support that you've come to expect. We will be able to email you any resources at you request, but will be unable to make the information publicly available. We apologize for the inconvenience this will cause our customers, and will do all we can to minimize your frustrations. As a last hurrah, we'll be offering 10% off all in stock or stock ordered parts until the catalogs go offline.

We thank you for your past and future business as we continue to innovate and provide the best parts support possible.
Sincerely, the parts staff at Messicks.

Last edited:
   / ---I hate Kubota at times!!!!!!, so long Messick catalogs online...SAD. #2  
Needs a separate thread - 10% off at Messicks

/ ---I hate Kubota at times!!!!!!, so long Messick catalogs online...SAD. #3  
All I can say is "Thank you for all of your past assistance and I will continue calling or emailing for future Kubota parts....

Wayne

/ ---I hate Kubota at times!!!!!!, so long Messick catalogs online...SAD. #4  
So I am wondering if this is because other dealers complained to Kubota because the online sales cause them lost business and/or to be more competitive? Or is this just some vague corporate policy....

/ ---I hate Kubota at times!!!!!!, so long Messick catalogs online...SAD. #5  
Nawww, that was not Kubota that send that, just a local competitor!

/ ---I hate Kubota at times!!!!!!, so long Messick catalogs online...SAD. #6  
Kubota blew it.

They caved to Luddite dealers who don't want to sale parts on line, they cut the lights out. I'll drive down to my local dealer and pay list,..... only if thats the only option I have left.

I would say I'm really disappointed, but they haven't been the greatest to date to deal with before this.

/ ---I hate Kubota at times!!!!!!, so long Messick catalogs online...SAD. #7  
I visited Messick's the day after Thanksgiving. I spoke with Neil Messick. He is the guy who posts here. He had a pretty good idea that this was going to happen. Messick's did not do this nor did they want it to happen.
I am suprised it lasted this long. He said they would hold out as long as they could....I guess that is now.

They WILL email you anything from the parts catalogs that you need.

GREAT service!!!!

Deano

/ ---I hate Kubota at times!!!!!!, so long Messick catalogs online...SAD. #8  
WOW, Bummer for you Kub guys...JD has had it's parts system (the same basic one that they use at the dealerships) free and online for years and it is a great resource.

/ ---I hate Kubota at times!!!!!!, so long Messick catalogs online...SAD. #9  
When the new product (tractor/equipment) market is thriving, parts are, for many dealers, not a focus. They make great money off them, I suspect, but the equipment is the focus. In the market in which we find ourselves, which is less than thriving, then these same dealers start looking for any profit center and get very protective of any local profit opportunity. I suspect that Kubota is looking at this as protecting their dealer base. They are not wrong to do so. As a consumer and new Kubota owner I want the best deals too, but I bought from a local dealer because I wanted that dealer in place to support me. Frankly, I almost bought a Mahindra but 100 miles is to far away for a rookie tractor owner to deal with.

I think that Messick's will continue to do well with those in the "know", and that they will find a way of kinda sorta complying, but enjoying a lively parts business:)

/ ---I hate Kubota at times!!!!!!, so long Messick catalogs online...SAD. #10  
Now that is WRONG! Things like that should never be taken off line.
Its been a very valueable resource. sigh . whats next?:(