I have a bad feeling about this

/ I have a bad feeling about this #11  
This work was the result of calcium chloride, it did take it several decades to be necessary though.
One day breaking the tire down and the rim off the center section and start the wire brushing and welding,
the second day to finish the welding and grinding and painting.
The third day installing boots in the old tire and then mounting the tire and installing the new $80.00 tube.
rim 2a.jpg

rim 3 (2).jpg

rim 4a.jpg

rim 5a.jpg

rim 6 (2).jpg

A bit of work a bunch of sweat and other then the tube minimal cost.
No fill or iron on this tractor now keeping her light as the only work it does is a bit of brush hogging once in a while
and back up for the other tractor. With chains it can pull the back blade or run the blower for snow.

/ I have a bad feeling about this #12  
Lou -- Nice job on those rim repairs!!

/ I have a bad feeling about this #13  
Tractor is 11 years old and I believe they were filled (Calcium Chloride) by the original owner at purchase. How scr*wed am I? Both rear tires are like that. I doubt it's the valve because on the other side, the valve is not even at the bottom. It has a salty taste.

View attachment 716205
1633807645279.png
I had a tire look like that when the neighbors dog would get loose. I just assumed it would taste salty but never actually checked . . .

/ I have a bad feeling about this

As a last resort, I'll check it out, thanks.

Valve cores used with calcium need to be changed out every 2 or 3 years. Easy to do. Just jack that side up, rotate the valve stem to the top, let the air out and change it. There are better alternatives to calcium now, but it's been used for 75 years. Nothing to panic about. Likely nothing wrong with the rim, but it's time to fix the leak or change it out for Rimguard.

I whish it would have been this simple. I cleaned and dried the tires. I see both seeping by the tire beads, at multiple places :(
I had a tire look like that when the neighbors dog would get loose. I just assumed it would taste salty but never actually checked . . .

LOL, I whish it would have been that simple.

Yep, tip of tongue. Wanted to make sure it wasn't just water from the dew.

/ I have a bad feeling about this #17  
As a last resort, I'll check it out, thanks.

I whish it would have been this simple. I cleaned and dried the tires. I see both seeping by the tire beads, at multiple places :(

LOL, I whish it would have been that simple.

You might want to consider it as a first resort. That corrosion is there because the beads are not making a perfect seal and they then allow an oxygen - CaCl interface. This enables the formation of rust and that degrades the seal even more; a chain reaction. - - The MultiSeal 1500 product not only seals, but, I think, inhibits corrosion chemically.

After sealing, the accessible flange area could be repeatedly pressure washed and dried to get out CaCl residue before using a rust inhibitive liquid to seep into the interface on the outside. If those rims are still strong you could end up with a situation as robust as if new, and augmented for long term stability.

You might want to consider it as a first resort. That corrosion is there because the beads are not making a perfect seal and they then allow an oxygen - CaCl interface. This enables the formation of rust and that degrades the seal even more; a chain reaction. - - The MultiSeal 1500 product not only seals, but, I think, inhibits corrosion chemically.

After sealing, the accessible flange area could be repeatedly pressure washed and dried to get out CaCl residue before using a rust inhibitive liquid to seep into the interface on the outside. If those rims are still strong you could end up with a situation as robust as if new, and augmented for long term stability.
Next time I'm the cottage, I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Left them an email. Don't know how to get that from Canada.

/ I have a bad feeling about this #20  
I would try to find a ag tire dealer and talk with them about your options. Many tractor dealers just send the tractor out for this work. Many places use methonal -

Better be methanol mixed in water..... like windshield washer fluid