I have a bad feeling about this

/ I have a bad feeling about this #1  

SylvainG

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti LK30
Tractor is 11 years old and I believe they were filled (Calcium Chloride) by the original owner at purchase. How scr*wed am I? Both rear tires are like that. I doubt it's the valve because on the other side, the valve is not even at the bottom. It has a salty taste.

1633736732198.png

/ I have a bad feeling about this #2  
I am going through this now also, pump the calcium out, dismount the tires. Clean rims and inspect to see if they are usable. If usable, sand blast, wirebush and paint.
Remount tires with new tubes and refill with ballast of choice, preferably not calcium chloride.

/ I have a bad feeling about this #3  
Hope it’s not rusted rims, but it very well could be.
Still have no idea why anyone would put a corrosive liquid in their tires, but it is what it is.
If I were in your place, I would vacate the fluid immediately, break the tire beads and rinse them out. Allow them to dry and inspect. Tapping lightly with a hammer will give you a good indication of their condition. It may be advisable to start looking for a set of take off rims, if in fact the worst happens, if you are unable to repair them.

/ I have a bad feeling about this
I'm not equiped for any of this :-( I guess I'll call the shop where I bought it tomorrow.

/ I have a bad feeling about this #5  
I'm not equiped for any of this :-( I guess I'll call the shop where I bought it tomorrow.
Take a pause.
If you mean to complain to the dealer, yes, you could do that.
But if you want to resolve the problem, you might do better at an Ag/Industrial tire dealer. They are better equipped

/ I have a bad feeling about this
No, asking what my options are.

/ I have a bad feeling about this #7  
No, asking what my options are.

Are you talking warranty wise? None. Dismount the tires and determine if the rims can be cleaned and painted or if you need new ones.

/ I have a bad feeling about this #8  
   / I have a bad feeling about this #9  
Valve cores used with calcium need to be changed out every 2 or 3 years. Easy to do. Just jack that side up, rotate the valve stem to the top, let the air out and change it. There are better alternatives to calcium now, but it's been used for 75 years. Nothing to panic about. Likely nothing wrong with the rim, but it's time to fix the leak or change it out for Rimguard.

/ I have a bad feeling about this #10  
Valve cores used with calcium need to be changed out every 2 or 3 years. Easy to do. Just jack that side up, rotate the valve stem to the top, let the air out and change it. There are better alternatives to calcium now, but it's been used for 75 years. Nothing to panic about. Likely nothing wrong with the rim, but it's time to fix the leak or change it out for Rimguard.
I would try to find a ag tire dealer and talk with them about your options. Many tractor dealers just send the tractor out for this work. Many places use methonal - but it is lighter than Rimguard or calcium and is toxic. And I agree with this post. It may be time to move to Rimguard. I think it is the only tire fill (other that foam) that carries about the same weigh as calcium. Best wishes.