I love a challenge................

/ I love a challenge................ #1  

oldpilgrim

Elite Member
Tractor
2014 Mahindra 3016HST
more to come as the situation unfolds. Revised approximate weight.... 22-25,000 lbs.

Web%20big%20rock143956806.jpg

/ I love a challenge................ #2  
Wow, I wonder how deep that thing goes? I'd be looking for some feathers and wedges soon!

Quick tip, put your front bucket down on the ground and slightly lift the front end, it makes the machine much more stable to dig with.:thumbsup:

/ I love a challenge................ #3  
Nice rock. They say the Mahindra's can lift a lot... Looking forward to what you end up doing.

/ I love a challenge................
Wow, I wonder how deep that thing goes? I'd be looking for some feathers and wedges soon!

Quick tip, put your front bucket down on the ground and slightly lift the front end, it makes the machine much more stable to dig with.:thumbsup:

Its always on the ground when digging, but I just moved it.

Its about 3 1/2 feet thick and 4x8 feet across.

I was hoping it was sitting in the dirt. The plan was to dig a deeper hole next to it, and dig under it as much as possible, then drrag/ttip it into the hole, but the rock under it has changed my plans.

I just need to get the top of the rock down about 2 feet. I think a jack hammer is in my future.

I took a bunch of pics after those above so you can see where I am with the project now.

Ill post them tomorrow.

Last edited:
   / I love a challenge................ #5  
Naw, I see a little dynamite in your future, or maybe some primacord.:licking:

/ I love a challenge................ #6  
This could interesting when all said and done.

/ I love a challenge................ #7  
I am actually pretty interested to see how this project goes!

/ I love a challenge................ #8  
We do not have that much rock in the ENTIRE STATE OF FLORIDA.

What is your plan for that 'spot?'

/ I love a challenge................
The rock is on the edge of the dirt driveway and sorta creeps over to and into a small piece of the drive. Being that it is about 8 inches higher than the driveway and in a direct line with the right door of the barn, making it very difficult to get my motorhome and trailers out of my barn, it has to go. I've been driving around it for 20 years.

/ I love a challenge................ #10  
Jackhammer sounds like the easiest way to deal with it. Probably just a half day rental to get it broken up into smaller pieces that you can remove. I would fill the hole with clean fill and compact it in lifts. Especially if you plan on driving an RV over it. Those holes have a way of turning into quicksand after a big rain mixes with all the fill material.

Eddie