I need some input on roll around tool boxes

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #51  
I screwed that attempt to reply and qoute to this thread digitally I'm pretty illiterate 😂.
Good one!
It sounds like I'm the only one that seen all those numbers. I thought maybe you had found something new here on TBN.

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #52  
My 50 year old Craftsman upper & lower boxes have been holding their own. A few small dents and some paint scratches maybe, but otherwise fully functional.

The caster wheels did wear out about 5 years ago. Instead of replacing them, I mounted the tool box on a custom pallet equipped with quality 6" casters. Now I use the fork lift to easily move the toolbox from building to building as needed.

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #53  
I have older Craftsman boxes but when I looked at the new stuff in Lowes it felt like the steel was thinner. But I didn't look too closely. I did pick up one of the 5 drawer pit carts from HF (the kind where the lower half is open and the top of the box opens up so you can't put a box on top of it). I wanted something small for the woodworking shop. I have a Tormek sharpening system on one side of it and roll it close to my wood lathe so I can easily sharpen tools as I turn. The only complaint I have is that HF doesn't package them well so you have to check for dents when you get one.

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #54  
I have a US General 4X" box I got a few years ago (I think series II) when they were like $350 or whatever, when I built the new shop and when things were still affordable I took advantage of sales prices and ended up with a 56" bottom and top with two sides, every piece had some discount... The thing I'm not the biggest fan of on the 56" size is the drawer latches... but I'm pretty used to it now...

20190303_172740.jpg

20210320_191436.jpg

I have a couple friends that got Husky boxes within the last year, the soft close, price and features as well as build quality are hard to argue with...

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #55  
Here's my 5 +yr old Milwaukee 46" tool chest I installed one hf side box and a small craftsman side box. I wish they would have offered the current 56" Milwaukee box probably could have eliminated the side boxes. What sold me on this model was the heavier gauge steel used compared to competitors, it's 22" deep and the drawer slides.

Attachments

• KIMG0824.JPG
    KIMG0824.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 79
   / I need some input on roll around tool boxes #56  
This one is on marketplace right now, but it won't last. I replied to him and said I love it but I can't afford Snap-on stuff.

1668975481526.png

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #57  
The wheels still look good. You should buy it

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #58  
   / I need some input on roll around tool boxes #59  
This one is on marketplace right now, but it won't last. I replied to him and said I love it but I can't afford Snap-on stuff.

View attachment 771294
Maybe you could run over it from the other direction and straighten it out. ;)

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #60  
The gray one in the back ground must be that ones replacement.