I Still Hate My Tractor II

/ I Still Hate My Tractor II #481  
The Bud Light can is the correct diameter but I do not know how you will get the connecting rod hooked up. Not sure how many hours it will last inside a diesel.

/ I Still Hate My Tractor II #482  
The Bud Light can is the correct diameter but I do not know how you will get the connecting rod hooked up. Not sure how many hours it will last inside a diesel.

Maybe fill the can with concrete, but bore a hole, and insert piece of smooth steel bar first.

/ I Still Hate My Tractor II #483  

wonder if the alloy is correct as well....
:tractor:

/ I Still Hate My Tractor II #484  

Yes, but you will have to use an ethanol based fuel only, anything else is deadly.

/ I Still Hate My Tractor II
He called mine a V2003TMER (idi ENGINE SCREW IN

>> INJECTORS )

The pistons are for the turbocharged version of the V2003.

Spreads the word Kubota engine kits are not available from tractor dealers is what I was told therefore the pricing is higher.

Kubota engine overhaul kits - YouTube

/ I Still Hate My Tractor II #486  
I will say one thing, Kubota hires cuties!

/ I Still Hate My Tractor II #488  
Kit came today, all pistons, Bearings, seals to rebuild this thing.

Turbo pistons have a different top and the upper ring land is steel or hardened whatever. View attachment 637520View attachment 637519View attachment 637518View attachment 637521

Looks like the turbo goes back on this lemon. I had no idea one can purchase the whole kit quite a stretch cheaper then buying just pistons and gaskets from a tractor dealer. What an eye opener.

Wow, Fred what a bummer on the aftermarket replacement pistons,

Glad you found someone that's in the know... with access to correct full factory kit for the turbo version.

Looking at the pics,

Yeah the new Kubota pistons look like not only is the ring land steel supported, it also (appears) like the piston crown is actually all steel to??

Wondering if you could check that with a magnet?

If I am reading the pic correctly?? Kubotas piston for turbo engines not only employs a steel ring land cast into the piston but also the entire center of the crown. makes a lot of sense in that it should mimic all steel pistons with reduced dimensional change when put under boost /heat.
If it is not a steel crown center- is that possibly a thermal barrier coating, - another way to reduce crown and overall piston temperature.

Following with interest. and Maybe just me, but Great to see the Turbo going back on.:thumbsup:

/ I Still Hate My Tractor II #489  
Me too Dan.

/ I Still Hate My Tractor II
Neither the ring land or piston crown are magnetic.

I have a new Audi 2 liter piston here also with a steel ring land, that one isn't magnetic either.

The Kubota piston does look like the crown is a different alloy.

Another thing that peaked my interest. I called a friend who does a bunch of Dodge Cummins pulling truck work and he was quizzing me about the intake manifold and wether the inlet was in the center or in the front. I told him in the front or on one end.

He went on to tell me about some of the Cummins guys are building their own intake manifold so the pressure would be balanced. I thought to myself what difference would that make as the manifold is under pressure when under load. He went on to explain how most all Dodge Cummins failures are either at #5 or #6 cylinder but always the rear ones.

Funny that my #1 piston was still perfect and the 2,3,4 ring lands were smoked.

So it brings up another question that obviously Kubota knows already. Every Kubota engine with a turbo has the inlet for the intake manifold fairly centered but the non-turbo engines are usually at one end.

I talked to a Jeep swapper who sells parts to install Kubota engines in Jeeps and he was telling me how much power the V2203 makes with boost. I was just about ready to swap in a V2203 from a trailer reefer unit (cheap and abundant on Ebay) so I asked the Kubota engine dealer rep and he told me not to do it because the V2203 is not turbocharged and good pistons are not available for the 2203.

I'm thinking too much lately. One thing for sure I'm sick of blowing snow on an open station machine.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

New AGT Mini Excavator H12R Yellow (A34302)
New AGT Mini...
Farmall Super C (A34236)
Farmall Super C...
Unused 28in x 90in Metal Work Bench. (A33079)
Unused 28in x 90in...
9ft x 8ft Flatbed Truck Bed w/ Headache Rack. (A33078)
9ft x 8ft Flatbed...
Maytag ringer washing machine (A34236)
Maytag ringer...
2020 Bobcat S64 R-Series Two Speed Skid Steer (A33078)
2020 Bobcat S64...