Ideas on how to move a shed...

/ Ideas on how to move a shed... #21  
LOL at jimmyj comments!! I moved my similar shed like op's on my property from one side to other. I elected to use my 16 ft trailer with rails and just jacked it up and cribbed with firewood I had laying around and used my tractor to pull trailer with shed on it. I put it down the same way I lifted with firewood cribbing. I didnt want to drag it over my nice lawn. It didnt take long -- I used a floor jack to lift it as high it would go and crib. next corner do same thing over and over till it was done all by myself in one day.

/ Ideas on how to move a shed... #22  
3pt with a drawbar, 2 drawbar hooks, and some chain if you have good runners. It should only take 1/4" gr43 or better chain to pull it and the 2 drawbar hooks to keep from pulling the runners together too much if you have to lift the front. Much less driving backwards. The other tractor if needed could lift with their fel

/ Ideas on how to move a shed...
I like this thread. I can imagine all of us standing around at the OP's place with our coveralls on, bud or coffee in hand discussing how to move the old shed.

"Well I remember back in 78 when ole Clem Smith had to move a shed just like this. Cept his shed had tin siding cuz Merle Barcklay used to keep chickens in it and the weasels was a chewin thru the wood siding."

"Geez, I'd forgot about ole Merle, what happened to him after the wife moved out and he left for Tuscon..."

5 hours later no work would have commenced!!!

LOL.. but we would have a good time..

Im going to talk to a firend of mine who has a log truck. My thoughts are..Wrap some straps around it, put in on his rig, and drive 30 seconds to it's new home and unload....Will have to brace the inside near the roof line from side to side so it doesnt collapse the sides when lifted. The shed is a barn style, so there are no eves to speak of

/ Ideas on how to move a shed... #24  
What about taking a piece of metal siding, clamping some angle iron pieces across the front of it to hook a chain to, then pick up one side of the shed, slid it under there, and then pull it like it's on a sled. You'd just need to bend the front end of the metal up a little to keep it from digging in.

/ Ideas on how to move a shed... #25  
Spreader pipes would work well above the building if you are going to use a log truck as a crane. It would keep the chains off of the sides of the building. I had to move this building off of posts and across the field. It is a 8 x 12 building

/ Ideas on how to move a shed... #26  
How many friends and relatives do you have?

/ Ideas on how to move a shed... #28  
helium ballons - lots of them

/ Ideas on how to move a shed... #29  
I moved a 12x14 shed about 200' with heavy PVC pipe. We jacked up one side, laid about 6 or 8 4" pipes under it and let it back down onto the pipes. I attached a sling to my tractor and the shed and started to pull. As the shed rolled forward we placed more pipes from the back, in the front, and continued until we reached its new home. It worked perfect, without any damage.

I don't suggest it for your situation, as I would imagine the transition from the yard to the street and back to the yard again, would be difficult. I think using the trailer is your best bet. Good luck

/ Ideas on how to move a shed... #30  
I moved a shed on my property with 4x4's underneath of it. If you had 3PH pallet forks you may be able to pick the front up and carry it to make it pull easier.