If I tilt forks all the way down on BX1880, they won't tilt back up.

/ If I tilt forks all the way down on BX1880, they won't tilt back up. #11  
Looking at my forks, I think the OP’s center pin in incorrectly located. It’s causing the curl past the point on return.

Heres mine on Jery Dunn’s Q/A:
IMG_5462.jpg

IMG_5460.jpg

/ If I tilt forks all the way down on BX1880, they won't tilt back up. #12  
Try this first.... Pick up the forks about 4 ft., then slowly tip them forward to the dump position, then try to roll them back to level. If that works, there's your problem. The tilt cylinder may be using more fluid than the pump can keep up with. A few more RPMs will help with that. Just a thought......Dan.

/ If I tilt forks all the way down on BX1880, they won't tilt back up. #13  
Even if it wasn't going over center you still should have stops just before the cyl bottoms out. That way the piston isn't banging on front gland and wrecking it. I didn't like the single cyl so put 2 cyls and took off the single, also for other reasons.

/ If I tilt forks all the way down on BX1880, they won't tilt back up. #14  

Attachments

• IMG_1783.JPG
    IMG_1783.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 329

/ If I tilt forks all the way down on BX1880, they won't tilt back up. #15  
I still don't understand what there is for them to fix if the issue is the center pin hole on the fork frame being a little out of whack and not in exactly the right position. I don't know what they would warranty for me or work on since the tractor is good and they didn't sell me the forks if they are a little "off". I guess they'd tell me to buy some other forks.

With the bucket on the tractor tilts as it should all the way down and back up again.
Isnt there a stop built into the loader arms that interfaces with one on the implement to limit the extremity of the curl and uncurl position? In my experience the hyd cylinder full compression/extension is not used to apply these limits. Your forks may need a shim plate at the stop to prevent the mechanism from reaching the overcenter point. You definitely need to prevent the overcenter possibility because at overcenter the force of any load on the forks generates "infinite" extension/compression force on the hydraulic cyl.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / If I tilt forks all the way down on BX1880, they won't tilt back up. #16  
I have the AI2 quick attach and forks on my BX2370 and I don't have the problem you're describing. Interesting to say the least.

/ If I tilt forks all the way down on BX1880, they won't tilt back up.
Try this first.... Pick up the forks about 4 ft., then slowly tip them forward to the dump position, then try to roll them back to level. If that works, there's your problem. The tilt cylinder may be using more fluid than the pump can keep up with. A few more RPMs will help with that. Just a thought......Dan.
It doesn't matter how fast or slow I tilt them. If I tilt all the way forward, it gets to a point where it sort of flops over and it won't come back up. This makes a lot of sense because when it's down at the "point of no return", it's at an extreme angle sort of pointed back toward the tractor a little bit. I think it's safe to say over center is the problem, for whatever reason.

I don't believe there are any stops on the forks and I think now that that's my problem. Now that I know more about what I should be looking at I'm going to check them out today and see if I can verify that. I'll determine where the lowest safe point of tilt is it can recover from and fashion a limiting strap for now to prevent it from going over center. I'll get a few more pictures and get them on here also.

I've never read anyone complain about this with the AI2 quick attach on, and I have talked to Tony and know he's very sharp and designs a good product. I'm confident it is properly engineered to avoid a problem like this, so I think my permanent solution will be to make sure I get that QA. With that in mind, I don't know that I want to do any permanent modification on the fork frame, but I do think I need to limit that range while I wait for my QA.

Last edited:
   / If I tilt forks all the way down on BX1880, they won't tilt back up. #18  
What is that thing leaning against yor bucket?

Looks to me like the stand that holds the loader up when you remove it from the tractor. It appears that they are not on the loader arms in the photos.

Yes, as mentioned that's the parking stand. With the bucket removed it just dangles.

I don't see anything on my forks that would be responsible for acting as a stop.
IMG_20210801_100715369.jpg
IMG_20210801_100720180.jpg
IMG_20210801_100809706.jpg