If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here...

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #171  
I haven't been able to find any non-dealer parts sources for the 500.

DEWFPO

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #172  
That must be including the spring.

Why do you need to replace it?

What series or year is it?

I have a heavily used A series that rolled out January 8, 2003.
I have been restoring it to working condition. The front
shocks are completely wasted to the degree that the machine
is unsafe on any incline (it tilts at an angle that is considerably
greater than the angle of the incline). Although the
shocks resemble a number of available products they seem
to be unique in having a ball joint at the bottom pivot.
Thanks for the help.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #173  
The parts book for the F series 5610 shows the front and rear to be the same. If they are on the A try swapping to see if the springs are weak.

Does the A have the rubber "mount isolator" like the F does, to support the added weight of an attachment?

If you don't have a parts book, you can get it here: Bobcat Store: 5600 Utility Work Machine

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #174  
Xfaxman, The A series don't have rear shocks. I wish they did, as they really bounce.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #175  
Xfaxman, The A series don't have rear shocks. I wish they did, as they really bounce.

Thanks. At least they have improved it with each new series.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #176  
Just read all posts in the thread. Seems like a perfect tool for my operation, but the problems concern me. If I wanted to buy a newer used unit with hi flow, what's the ideal series to buy? Want to stay away from trouble. THANKS

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #177  
Just read all posts in the thread. Seems like a perfect tool for my operation, but the problems concern me. If I wanted to buy a newer used unit with hi flow, what's the ideal series to buy? Want to stay away from trouble. THANKS

Do you want a 5600 dump bed or 5610 3 point? I don't have any experience with the older series, but I think the PTO was an option on the early 5610's.

Here is info on 5600's: Bobcat Historical Specifications - Bobcat Company

Consider also that most guys not having problems don't post on forums. Click this to see other threads on the Toolcat: Toolcat

Good luck and post on what you get. :thumbsup:

Here are my first pictures: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/toolcat/270965-toolcat-5610-series-f-pictures.html

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #178  
I have B series high flow with all the bells and whistles and PTO with dump bed that I'm considering trading or selling for a newer series. My machine is in great condition with only 800 hours use mostly loading and unloading attachments off a flatbed truck but I've never like the rough ride.

Here's my question: If I was to get into a newer series, other than the loader arm design and frame layout, can I expect better performance mowing grass, digging, or lifting (curling especially) over my B series? I've been impressed with my B's ability to lift.. I have a 2600lb attachment that it lifts up, carries, and then I place on my F350 flatbed. That's impressive considering the ROC but I feel like the B series doesn't dig well and when I mow I have to really watch my radiator.

Anyone use an A or B series then switch up to an F series?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #179  
I had a 2003 that I bought new and recently got a new 5600. I think the new one is better in every way I've used it so far with 2 exceptions:

1. The bucket doesn't "dump" or "curl back" as far as earlier design. Not a big issue, but I do notice it.
2. The seat height is higher from the floor, making the pedal height/position not as comfortable and easy to use as earlier model.

Hydraulics, ride, steering, power, everything else I've done with it, MUCH improved.

BLES

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #180  
Stay with the newer series having the independent suspension. D or F series.