If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here...

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #191  
A Kubota F3680 with a cab, 72" rear discharge mower and 51" mower would be cheaper than a Groundsmaster with a cab and a 72" deck.

Aaron Z
Does the Kubota cab have air conditioning like the Groundsmaster?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #193  
That is an impressive picture with the mower. Put lexan in the windows, run flat tires and you would have one **** of a crowd control machine. No one would want to mouth off to that!

I had a thought that Bobcat should have a double suspension in the front. Just like on my truck rear. Soft springs for a smooth ride that give way to heavier springs for load carrying. Or an air ride, that one could lower onto beefier springs.

It sorta does, front and rear.
No weight on the loader and rubber compressed with 800 pounds on the SSQA.
P2100001.JPG P7280020.JPG

The later version of Toolcat with the 3ph made me question, why not just get a tractor. Visibility in the Toolcat to the front is much better. Tractors don't have suspension, 4 wheel steering and crab steering. The visability to the 3PH is much better for hook up and seeing what's happening which I usually find essential. Plus the big wheel, small wheel is a configuration that seems to work well although I prefer articulation.

Curious, is there a Dif front and back with one hyd motor or two? One, with driveshafts front and back.

I'm always toying with obscure questions. If I had to only have one machine, what would it be, or, if I had all the money in the world, what would I buy? Kind of clears things up a little. In the course of one of those excercises, the toolcat crossed my mind, but now I am not so sure.

I always liked the JCB robot for the side entry, although not the brand. I have never owned a skid steer, and especially with getting older, don't like the front entry, but recognise the awesome visabilty to the cutting edge and maneuverability. Just saw that VOLVO now has a similar machine,[made by JCB] the C series (one with rubber tracks) and I must say I'm smitten! It's nice to have fantasies!
This is my choice for one machine, a Bobcat V417 Versahandler.
P7200003.JPG P9290002.JPG P9290003.JPG P9290004.JPG P9290019.JPG P9290024.JPG

Size compared to the Toolcat.
P3070021.JPG
It is 6' wide, 6.5' high and 13' long. Tire size is 14x17.5. Top speed is 15.5 mph and it will lift over 5,000 pounds!

More info here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...t/160568-compact-telehandler.html#post3243370

And http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/toolcat/273429-toolcat-v417.html

Last edited:
   / If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #194  
There is not end-all or be all machine as someone stated.
I just took delivery of an F series 5600 with most options. I also have a Bobcat s750 set up for mulching and I have a 335 excavator and a Bobcat UTV and a couple of mules, big chipper etc. It all depends on what you need to do.
If I didn't have anything else, I could make do with the Toolcat to maintain 100+ acres that I have. I live in a rocky area and nothing is level. We have +/- 200ft rise and fall across the property. The Toolcat would not be up to the task of clearing or making the roads that I did with the Bobcat and excavator but it would do exceptionally well as maintaining everything. I have only had the F series for about 13 hours but I have about 600 hours on a B series I also own.

JCB/Volvo same thing. I have compared JCB side by side with my Bobcat and I wasn't impressed with much other than the side entry but I'm so used to climbing into a skidsteer 12,000+ hours in several different skids, that it's just natural to climb in. Just getting into the Toolcat took some getting used to with the reverse opening doors.

Anyway, the Toolcat is pricey but it does have impressive digging, lift, and especially hydraulic power for a 5800 lb machine that travels smoothly at 20 mph. There is night and day difference in ride quality from B to F series. Will the F series hold up in my terrain? I hope so. I think the shocks and suspension look a little small for the weight but I've not heard too many complaint from others who have had theirs longer.

A guy can get a good, used Toolcat for less than half of a new one and do pretty much the same things. I like the dump box over the 3pt because I can carry my tools, saws, fencing, etc and free up the lift arms to bring the grapple, mower, etc. And though hydraulic attachments are pricey, having a mower out front and the ability to switch quickly to a grapple, forks, auger, etc. etc., is priceless to me.
It all boils down to what someone can afford and what they need to do. The Toolcat is in a class by itself. I'm no stranger to tractors and though the lift height isn't where a larger tractor would be, the digging and down force is better. i use a 4n1 bucket as a tooth bucket and it makes short work of grading my rough, caliche and base roads on a fairly steep incline and it is much more useful than pulling a box blade.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #195  
------------------------------------------------
It all boils down to what someone can afford and what they need to do. The Toolcat is in a class by itself. I'm no stranger to tractors and though the lift height isn't where a larger tractor would be, the digging and down force is better. i use a 4n1 bucket as a tooth bucket and it makes short work of grading my rough, caliche and base roads on a fairly steep incline and it is much more useful than pulling a box blade.
You can still use a box blade on a 5600, like a dozer blade pushing forward, or pulling in reverse with the loader in float, using curl to dig or drag.

My 6' box blade is on a Tilt-Tach.
P2100029.JPG P2100035.JPG P2100038.JPG P2100041.JPG

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #196  
Time to change oil and filter on my F series. Dumb question: where is the drain plug? Any special hints or suggestions?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #197  
Time to change oil and filter on my F series. Dumb question: where is the drain plug? Any special hints or suggestions?

Dumb answer: at the bottom the oil pan. I guess you mean the engine oil?

No tips, haven't changed mine yet.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #198  

There is cut out (notch) in the frame for the drain plug on Right Hand Side just below the access door where the oil dipstick, fill tube, and oil filter are.

What after all those pictures you have taken, you haven't got 50 hrs. on it yet? or have gone over 50 and changed it? SHAME ON YOU :laughing:

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #199  
Thanks, at first I did not see the drain plug, but went back and finally found it.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #200  
There is cut out (notch) in the frame for the drain plug on Right Hand Side just below the access door where the oil dipstick, fill tube, and oil filter are.

What after all those pictures you have taken, you haven't got 50 hrs. on it yet? or have gone over 50 and not changed it? SHAME ON YOU :laughing:

No, just too old to remember. :confused: That was way last year! :D After I read your post, I remembered changing it and writing the date on the oil filter.

Changed the hydraulic oil filter also.
P2180040.JPG