If You Were To Get A New 6 Ft Finish Mower - What Would You get?

/ If You Were To Get A New 6 Ft Finish Mower - What Would You get? #11  
I've had my Woods RD 72 for two years and I have no complaints on it. It is a discontinued model but they have two newer 72" models.

/ If You Were To Get A New 6 Ft Finish Mower - What Would You get? #13  
LandPride i show I would go if I were to be looking for a finish mower. Sold my bought used 6' last year for what I paid for it 30 years ago. Other than a few rusty spots where the paint had come off it still looked like the day I got it and all I ever did was put a belt on 2 years ago and a new set of blades.

/ If You Were To Get A New 6 Ft Finish Mower - What Would You get? #14  
I had a 5' Woods finish mower and thought about going bigger. It cut fine but was slow and left me with a need to trim. Got a Ferris 3200 61" ZT and cut the mowing/trimming time down from 5+ hours to < 2 hours with no trimming. It has a full coil-over suspension so they aren't as bouncy and jarring as others I test drove. Was cutting at about 3mph and now closer to 10+mph and don't need to slow down except for the turns and can zip around everything with ease. I didn't want two items to maintain but needed to find more time each week with work/kids and was the biggest bang for the buck. The Woods was a nice mower. I would have preferred one with better wheels/rollers if I was getting another to help avoid scalping.

/ If You Were To Get A New 6 Ft Finish Mower - What Would You get? #15  
Probably not what you were looking for, but this is my 6' finish mower.

PXL_20210403_173856143-X2.jpg

I can mow at 13 mph, so there's that... :)

/ If You Were To Get A New 6 Ft Finish Mower - What Would You get? #16  
Sitrex, Italian made and very reliable.

/ If You Were To Get A New 6 Ft Finish Mower - What Would You get? #17  
Everybody talking about how fast they can mow. I didn't move to the country and buy a bunch of land to spend as little time as possible out on it. I put on my noise canceling headphones and some music and I can stay out there all day. It reminds me of golfers who brag about how fast they can play 18 holes. And if I ever decide I don't have time to mow it, I'll just let it grow.

/ If You Were To Get A New 6 Ft Finish Mower - What Would You get? #18  
I had a thread here about restoring some old finish mowers. One was a Befco 7' Rear Discharge that was built like a tank. Another was a Modern Manufacturing 6' Rear Discharge. As far as I can tell, it's identical to the one Northern Tool sells: NorTrac 3-Pt. PTO Finish Mower 72in. Cutting Width | Northern Tool

Everything looks identical and I was able to get new blades from Northern. I think they make them for Northern. I can't say it was as stout as the Befco, but it seemed reasonably solid. I have a belly mower and really don't have terrain suited for a rear mount, plus I'm not sure my machine could have powered it. Sold it for $800, in OK shape, but not super great.

Not sure if that has the same chute type discharge you were mentioning, but it's nearly full width and has chains.

I can't mow fast. Too rough and too many hills and turns.

/ If You Were To Get A New 6 Ft Finish Mower - What Would You get? #19  
I have a land pride 1672 RFM. Wonderful mower. After 5 years, zero issues or complaints.

/ If You Were To Get A New 6 Ft Finish Mower - What Would You get? #20  
I use my JD 570 to mow my "lawns". I have two acres of lawn. If I traveled much over 3-4 mph - a seat belt would not keep me on the mower. About 80% of my "lawns" are mowed field grass. And with all the associated bumps, dips, ruts - etc.

It takes me a full two hours to mow my two acres of lawns.