If You Were To Get A New 6 Ft Finish Mower - What Would You get?

/ If You Were To Get A New 6 Ft Finish Mower - What Would You get? #51  
Well, I can only speak to our place, but the "yard" is old fields, and horse pasture. Has there been time in the last 50 years to manicure it, sure... Then drive across it once when it's wet, and you have new texture to bounce across from the ag lugs.
Don't drive when wet? That isn't really an option as we're the drain for our section of mountain. You can literally hear the water running underground in areas of our place. Doesn't take much for the top to go to mush. We have enough slope that running turf tread isn't an option on any of the tractors. The Gator, and the Walker run on turfs (and slide around), but that's about it.
From around late November to mid April you can't drive a tractor or UTV on our slope unless the ground freezes. You'll slide 400' down into the trees while peeling the grass from the wet ground beneath. Even at this point your sliding sideways trying to get across, screwing up the grass. I do roll it and plug it 2 times a year in an attempt to keep the old cow pasture looking like a nice yard. I also spend a little bit of time each year with 5 ton of screened topsoil chasing bare areas (lot of clay here) and depressions (often from animal nests or my dogs trying to get shrews and such)

An old farm pasture is a chore to convert to fairly smooth yard, no doubt. I've been on this ground since 1990 and still playing with it.

/ If You Were To Get A New 6 Ft Finish Mower - What Would You get? #52  
Get a Woods TK or TKP finish mower. They have the best cut quality and discharge pattern of any rear discharge 3-point mower in the industry. There is a study done by Penn State proving it.

/ If You Were To Get A New 6 Ft Finish Mower - What Would You get? #53  
I'd get another landpride, mine won't die after 30 years
Agree. I have the Land Pride FDR1660 60" Finish Mower and it is built like a tank. Floats on four wheels and rear discharge is even.

/ If You Were To Get A New 6 Ft Finish Mower - What Would You get? #54  
FWIW, although I use a BEFCO C70-110A now, a Del Morino XRM 235 served me very well for a dozen years. IMO the Del Morino was Woods quality without the Woods price. I (and my teenage son) used it fairly mercilessly on 10 acres of "lawn" that is closer to pasture than golf course and I still got $800 trade on it as a fully functional deck when I bought the BEFCO.

These are "Finish Mowers".

The one that gets people into the silly contest that is 'Brush Hog/Bush Hog' is a... "Rough Cut Mower".

/ If You Were To Get A New 6 Ft Finish Mower - What Would You get? #56  
I considered a large Z turn but first thing is I won't use it anywhere else.
I also tried one out on one of these areas and it was a rough ride.
I'll look at Agri. 7 is too big since I can't trailer it! But a 6 is good.
I have 6' from them. The green one - forget the make . I put bolts in the caster pivots because shrubs grab lynch pins. Nice mower

/ If You Were To Get A New 6 Ft Finish Mower - What Would You get? #57  
Today, the best implements are made in Italy, only exception would be Land Pride IMO.

/ If You Were To Get A New 6 Ft Finish Mower - What Would You get? #58  
Ok, I'll clarify a little.
Considering replacing my 6 foot finish mower.
The main thing I would like is not only a rear discharge but one with a good discharge pattern. Not one that discharges in clumps like mine does.
Mine has a "chute" type discharge at the rear so it restricts the discharge some and causes clumping. I first took the chains off and it was a little better then took the chute off and it is much better but it also blasts the left rear wheel with clippings turning it into a big green grass ball!
I've seen a few that look like they discharge across the whole back of the mower. Wondering how well these work?

It also needs to be a pretty heavy duty mower. Not so much blade wise but just overall construction.
The areas it will be used on are not perfectly smooth!

Thanks for suggestions. Used in great shape is also an option.
Have you considered a flail mower? Almost as good as a finish mower IMO, and doesn't leave clumps..

/ If You Were To Get A New 6 Ft Finish Mower - What Would You get? #59  
I have bueler farm king, made in Canada, 7 footer. Bought it at a sale. Parts are cheap and available. Built like hoss. Cut 10" tall grass, no clumps. Only thing I have had to replace is the run flat tires, they were so rotted they fell apart while I was mowing.

/ If You Were To Get A New 6 Ft Finish Mower - What Would You get? #60  
https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...Discharge-p/ph-mower-fin-72-ptorear-m72-s.htm