If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?

/ If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money? #71  
First off no one would know if I could help it.
Then I would just carry on doing what I do now just at a little higher level keeping it under the radar.

But ifn we are talking the mega millions jackpot then all bets are off and I destroy everyone that has pissed me off over the years and yes Ive kept a list

Bitterness and unforgiveness would surely help you enjoy all that money as it helps everything in life.

/ If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money? #72  
He's in northern Maine. Might not be the middle of nowhere, but you can see it from there.
Big parcels can be had for relatively little per acre even here in northern N.H. Smaller lots not so much.
Yes, I know he’s in Maine. I’d just be very surprised that land would still be that cheap anywhere, especially if it had trees on it.

/ If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money? #73  
Yes, I know he’s in Maine. I’d just be very surprised that land would still be that cheap anywhere, especially if it had trees on it.
When I went for a mortgage 5 years ago the appraisal had to reflect actual similar sales. I told them that I didn't want it to reflect the buildings, as they are getting moved or torn down. One acre was appraised as a house lot for $7500. The remaining 20 were appraised at 200$/acre.
Prices have gone up since then, but deals can still be had for cash in hand if you look around.
Even 1000 acres should net 15,000$/year if you let somebody else do all of the work.

/ If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money? #74  
The lottery is a tax on people that are bad with math !

That may be true, but math also works in the risk/reward formula as well.

If you can afford to risk, $10 for a remote chance of winning 300million...that math check out.

/ If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money? #75  

A colleague in NY just bought 500 acres of woodland in northern NH for 300/acre.

That same land in Wyoming would be 3-4k per acre. Land out west is more expensive by factors of 10-15x.

/ If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money? #76  
Indiana farm land went for an average of $9700 Per acre last year.

/ If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money? #77  
I don't think crop producing farmland is equal to timber or even just rangeland...

/ If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money? #78  
I don't think crop producing farmland is equal to timber or even just rangeland...
Yes, however, that’s the reference we’re used to here, so seeing land for 1/20 the price is darn near mind boggling o_O .

Back around 1989 we paid $30K for 20 acres zone AG. Two years later the value had doubled. That’s when land prices here went nuts, and have been going up ever since.

Interestingly, In 1820 about 90% of Indiana was forest. 80 years later, 1900, only 4% of the state was forest. By 2001, 23% of Indiana was again forest.

One of the main deforesters in Northern Indiana was… Singer Sewing Machines. The were a massive user of hardwood for their sewing machine cabinets, and had a cabinet factory here in South Bend. They also had their own railroad, the NJI&I.

/ If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money? #79  
A colleague in NY just bought 500 acres of woodland in northern NH for 300/acre.

That same land in Wyoming would be 3-4k per acre. Land out west is more expensive by factors of 10-15x.
I purchased some land ~15 years ago,,
the state forester told me the forest was mature,, and needed harvested,,

I ended up getting EXACTLY $5,000 per acre for just the timber, and I did not have to lift a finger.
That was 4 years ago, the 30 acres now has ~20 foot tall trees covering it, and it looks nice.

I doubt that I will be able to keep the haul roads open,, everything is growing over so fast,,,

Why would anyone sell land for less than the timber is worth!!?? (I only paid about $1,000 per acre)

/ If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money? #80  
SHHHHHH quit telling them........