IH 484 clutch shaft wear question

/ IH 484 clutch shaft wear question #51  
All went wrong in a instant....I still believe that you do have a problem with your release shaft . That is the only place for the distants to go wrong . Remove that and compare it with another shaft at a scrapyard

/ IH 484 clutch shaft wear question
All went wrong in a instant....I still believe that you do have a problem with your release shaft . That is the only place for the distants to go wrong . Remove that and compare it with another shaft at a scrapyard

Thank you for ideas. I will break it apart yet once more and take the fork out and inspect it.
When I unscrew the rod all the way out it starts to disengage clutch but all the way by the floor. I messed up somewhere.

Any news so far ?

Not yet.I have been busy with life. I will report back here once I take it apart again. The only one reason I can think of is I put the fork backwards. Will have to investigate.

/ IH 484 clutch shaft wear question #55  
I went and remove a fork and a shaft and that angle remains the same. It can not be that

I went and remove a fork and a shaft and that angle remains the same. It can not be that
I am puzzled by it. I am going to fabricate me a new linkage and see if it will allow the clutch to function correctly. I think it will. I ran out of ideas as to what could have happened to the clutch pedal. Right now with the linkage extended to the last thread (clevis on the link rod) the pedal disengage clutch about 1/2" before it hits the floor. It used to disengage it in first inch of travel. I literally checked every part for the subject of cracks/bending/wear and found nothing.

/ IH 484 clutch shaft wear question #57  
Last idea....take a shiftingspanner and release the clutch by hand. If it works Then fab another link. If arm then break off you discover your problem and can then order that releaseshaft.

/ IH 484 clutch shaft wear question #58  
Fab a link ....you wil never get that angle to about 90* to work correct.
You need to solve that problem !

Any news ?

No news yet. Weather have gotten cold. I had to move my tractor back to my land. My friend sold his house and getting ready to move to another state. I have been thinking about it and I think I will make another rod to try it. This is just a part of the problem. I will have to replace the water pump, rotten hoses and a radiator cap. I will also have to figure out if my injectors need rebuilding or this is a woreout pistons that make it smoke. But one step at a time. :)

I will definitely post an update when I have one...

Thank you for sticking with me