Implements ratings

/ Implements ratings #1  

thunder86

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat ct4045
I have a cutter and tiller rated for a kubota b2601 and I'm trading the tractor in for a bobcat ct4045. This bobcat is 45 hp and I'm wondering if it will break my implements being a higher hp? I'm assuming the implements will work as long as there's enough play in the shaft to reach the pto.
Land pride Tiller is 50" RTA1250
Land pride Cutter is 60" RCR1260

/ Implements ratings #2  
What's the gearbox rating on each? That's the thing to go by. Those model numbers suggest both are "light duty" (1200; 2200 would be next up; then 3200 or so...); but, depends on manufacturer's rating. Also, it depends on how you use the implement. I could run my 5' cutter on my Kioti as long as I worked it gently, otherwise I could kill it pretty fast: I once busted up a Cat1 subsoiler ripper with the Kioti- note that a subsoiler is not PTO driven, so there's things like that that also come into play (my indestructible 5' box blade that I once had, and it was a higher end Cat1 box blade for my B7800, would get twisted up by the Kioti [which has a 7' 1,200 lb unit; something that the Kioti will never be able to break]).